cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 version 8.6.2 Voicemail will not work

pvega
Level 1
Level 1

We have a UC520 that we erased and reinstalled 8.6.2. After installing and configuring - via CCA Wizard - voicemail does not work. If you call the voicemail extension it just has dead air. If you call an extension and the user for the extension is busy, no answer or selects DND you get dead air. Rebooted system, reinserted compact flash. Configured as a PBX and did it again and configured as a Key System with same issues. Any suggestions?

10 Replies 10

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

What happens when you check the CUE status? Can you ping CUE at 10.1.10.1?

Thanks,

-john

According to the CCA voicemail diags, it responds voicmail is opperational. No I cannot ping 10.1.10.1. I can connect to 10.1.1.1, 10.1.1.1/ccme, 10.1.10.2. Yet cannot connect to 10.1.10.1.

Thanks appreciate the assistance.

Hello,

Ok, you need to add a route either on your PC or your default gateway to the CUE network. If you are unable to communicate with CUE and are using CCA, it is possible the necessary configurations are not present in CUE, since your PC is unable to communicate with CUE. Once you can access CUE web interface, check the call-in numbers configuration.

Thanks,

-john

The following is the route listed in running config via CLI

ip route 10.1.10.1 255.255.255.255 Integrated-Service-Engine0/0

Thanks

Hello,

But is the UC your default gateway?

Thanks,

-john

Yes, it is my default gateway. We configured via cca wizard. Pretty much answered questions. Used almost all defaults, except wan address of course.

Hello,

Can you post the configs for the following:

Service-module Integrated-Service-Engine 0/0

Loopback0

Can you session into the CUE in CLI and tell me what you get?

Service-module Integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session clear

Service-module Integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session

Enter you login credentials

Hit enter again

Thanks,

-john

Used your 2nd command service-...session. I was able to enter into se-10-1-10-1#. Didn't use the ... clear command. Did you want us to run that command?

I also attempted to upgrade/reinstall the voicmail package only via CCA Maintenance, restart/reset. Once it got to backup said it could not go forward because cue could not communicate to pc.

Correction on my last post. I attempted to upgrade via CCA Maintenance button but via the upgrade then uc500 folder under the Maintenance button.

Also here is what our loopback looked like.

ip tftp source-interface Loopback0

!

!

!

bridge irb

!

!

!

!

interface Loopback0

description $FW_INSIDE$

ip address 10.1.10.2 255.255.255.252

ip access-group 101 in

ip nat inside

ip virtual-reassembly in

Hello,

Ok, it sounds like you can get command line access to CUE, but something is preventing you from connecting to CUE by IP.

Can you post the configs for the following:

Service-module Integrated-Service-Engine 0/0

and

show ip route

Thanks,

-john

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: