cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540--504 Phone Ring Cadence

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC540 that was upgraded to SP 8.6.1 yesterday.  Everything seemed fine until the phones started ringing this morning.  Instead of a ring cadence of "ring ring" it is one long ring.  I've looked through the configuration and don't find anything unusual.  Configuration attached.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

trgood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brad,

Under the phone options try changing the distinctive ring to external. 

I believe its Configure > Telephony > Users and Extensions > (Specific Phone Extension) > Edit > Click on the line button > Then on specific line Go to the third tab over and change the Distinctive ring to external.

Don't have CCA open in front of me so I can't remember the extact path.

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **

View solution in original post

Brian Rapier
Level 1
Level 1

Check the build on the phones.  There was an update that fixed this issue as it was causing our users some stress!

The phone load that fixes it is 7.5.4

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

trgood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brad,

Under the phone options try changing the distinctive ring to external. 

I believe its Configure > Telephony > Users and Extensions > (Specific Phone Extension) > Edit > Click on the line button > Then on specific line Go to the third tab over and change the Distinctive ring to external.

Don't have CCA open in front of me so I can't remember the extact path.

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **

Brian Rapier
Level 1
Level 1

Check the build on the phones.  There was an update that fixed this issue as it was causing our users some stress!

The phone load that fixes it is 7.5.4

Thanks guys.  I did find the answer in another thread a few minutes after I opened this one.  I appreciate your help.

I am experiencing a similar issue with the rings now being a stutter instead of a smooth ring. The phone load is 7.5.2c and as far as I can tell that is the most recent. Any suggestions, this just started happening after upgrading to 8.6.2?

Hello Ryan,

Please update firmware to 7.5.5.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: