cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uc540 525g remote phones with asa5505

james.ecklund
Level 1
Level 1

Customer has one static ip , and I looking to setup remote ssl phones 525g's to connect via outside interface on Asa.

I am not using the wan interface on the uc540.

I assume that I will need to setup some acl's and some static route but have no idea where to start.

Any help would be awesome!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

3 Replies 3

Arturo Bianchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

wait a few authoritative comment but if I remember correctly this configuration is not supported by the CCA, the SSL tunnel must end on the UC500 for the rest you can out of smb support via CLI

Arturo.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Ok I think I am going to yank the Asa out for now it's a small customer. From what I hear once you go cli you can't go back on the uc's.

Tx for the input.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi James,

It is probably necessary to wait for certain equipment and configuration are supported :-(

However, among the documentation you will find interesting material/thread indeed, some starting points could be the following:

I did a deployment with a Cisco 800 series on front of the UC500 using IPSec VPN terminated on the router without any problems! Well, maybe I'll have a few shots of the CLI data, but perhaps with the development of CCA could be less and less need to use to the CLI :-)

Considering the potential of the ASA, I imagine and hope that sooner or later would be taken into consideration when deploying with UC500; maybe someone will write a document to easily integrate the two worlds of ASA and UC500 bringing some setup to execute via ASDM and CCA!

Arturo.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: