Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540_8.0.5.zip corrupt

Thomas Antony
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

It seems that the UC540_8.0.5.zip file on the UC Software Pack Download Site is corrupt.

I tried to download and uncompress the file with 3 computers and different browser with no success.

Can someone else confirm this?

Best regards,

Thomas Antony

17 Replies 17

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Thomas,

I am not sure where you downloaded the software pack from.  There are a couple of places from which it is available:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9829

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282819521&flowid=5343&softwareid=282762907&release=8.0(5)&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=latest

I do not know if they pull from the same file, but you could try downloading for the other URL.

I will try to download the file in our lab to see if I have the same issue.

Thank you,

Darren

I am having the same issue with the UC520_8.0.5.zip file. I have downloaded to mutliple systems and each time from CCA 2.2.6 that I try to choose the 8.0.5.zip file for the upgrade it fails before the phone loads populate. We have several UC520's to work with internally so I tried to upgrade a unit to 8.0.4 via CCA 2.2.6 and got the same issue, but I could do 8.0.2 via CCA 2.2.6.

Is the issue with CCA 2.2.6?

Hi,

The file(s) from https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9829 are corrupt.

I downloaded the file again from your second link and this time i could extract it.

Thomas

Ben M Johnson
Level 4
Level 4

UC560 is corrupt there as well.  I just purchased mine and don't have an active support agreement yet, so the 2nd link doesn't work for my CCO.

What a shame.  Seems like here is a group which cannot shoot straight.  I myself, tried multiple times and multiple browsers and 540 and 560 files come back as corrupt.

I dont agree with the group that cant shoot straight comment ;-)

But I do agree the loads have a problem.

I have reported it to the Business Unit.  There are only a few members of the team who can actually access (permissions) CCO to make this correction, and we are trying to locate.

The long Thanksgiving holiday didnt help.   The effort to get it posted prior to TG Holiday was well intended, I assure you all.

Steve

US Partner Sales

Steve, you "may" be right on the shoot straight comment.  I was not having a good evening.  I wasted almost 3 hours on downloading from different connections and using different browsers.  The update files in the regular download section (requires contract) was fine.  I finally tried that at 1AM today and it worked.

I however, have one issue to report, so far.  We have a 560 and a 540 in our lab.  I loaded the 8.0.5 image on my 560 with the 2.2.6 CCA.  The message waiting indicator does not work.  I did a clean install using the new CCA and 8.0.5.  I am not sure if the issue is 8.0.5 or the new cca.  I tried it twice thinking I did something wrong, but the issue was consistent.  I have not tested the 540 yet.

I created the users/phones/mailboxes after the clean and full upgrade of IOS, CME & CUE.

I just downgraded the full image of 560 to 8.0.2, with 2.2.5 CCA.  Created a couple of phones and users.  The MWI works just fine.  I am now upgrading the existing settings with users/mailboxes/phones to the image to 8.0.5.  After the upgrade I will try to see if the 8.0.5 has same issue.

The upgrade just finished.  After the upgrade the MWI did not light up for the older (before upgrade) new messages.  But WMI came on when I left new message.

If a new config is generated (for a new install) using the cca2.2.6 with 8.0.5, the WMI dont work at all for older unheard or newer after upgrade messages.

can you try the CUE CLI command "mwi refresh all" ?

There is definately some issue with the MWI.  I reset the UC560 with the clean 8.0.5 and default config using CCA2.2.5.  The WMI does not come on.  The phone has no indication at all no matter how many times a message is left.  Reloaded the whole UC and just the CUE.  Also tried the mwi refresh all at the cue.

I tried the whole process with the CCA2.2.6 and makes no difference.

Steve, I would request you please try this out at your end.  I have been able to reproduce this on 540 and 560 every single time.

Thanks.

I'm able to get MWI working on my lab box. Can you upload your configurations from both CME and CUE?

Thomas Antony
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The german language file cue-vm-de_DE-langpack.uc500.8.0.3.prt1 for CUE is also missing in this release.

It was in the software pack UC540-8.0.2.zip included.

Thomas

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. Stay tuned please.

Steve DiStefano

Technical Solutions Architect

US Partner Sales

ALL 8.0.5 SWPs are now corrected.

UC520 with Todays date, and UC540 UC560 with Yesterdays date.

Very sorry for the problem.

We tried to get it done before Thanksgiving.  We learned our lesson.