cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 and CCA 3.2.1 - Shared Lines - Huntstop

Brett Walters
Level 1
Level 1

So what is the official stance of CCA 3.2.1 configured UC540's and Shared Lines being able to ring numerous phones?  I've read several older posts conflicting on whether or not CCA would support Shared lines being able to have multiple extensions answer calls.  Support has even advised I can do this via CLI, but then CCA would not be usable after that.  It's for three extensions, and if it is simple CLI changes, I am fine with noting them and changing them again if I ever change an extension again - I am just not sure what to modify for an extension like this:

ephone-dn  297  dual-line

number 205 no-reg primary

label 205

description Front Desk

name Front Desk

call-forward busy 399

call-forward noan 399 timeout 20

Without having to hassle with ACD (recording prompts and hold messages), just want to get three phones to share a line for incoming calls and forward to voice mail (general delivery mailbox, not individual) if not answered.  Prefer not to 'queue' calls, hence the ACD not wanting to be used.

7 Replies 7

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Brett,

CCA 3.2.1 can do shared lines. When a call hits a shared line the call will be presented on all the user phones. Can you clarify what you are looking for here in regards to a huntstop configuration?

Thanks,

-john

I know it supports shared lines.   But whenthe first call comes in, one extension answers...now when the second call comes in to the Shared line, *only* the person on the existing call sees the new call or gets a tone that it is coming in.  The other extensions do nothing.  I was wanting it to move to the next Shared line phone, instead of ACD setup and all that (so they can use the General Delivery VM box without a lot of hassle).  I may not have any choice, but I thought (hoped) I did.

Hello Brett,

I set this up in the lab and got the same result. I'm going to check with my colleagues to see if this is the intended feature operation.

As a workaround, could you use a hunt group for this function? Is there a limitation to the hunt group that prevents you from using that?

Thanks,

-john

The only limitation is having to re-record the new general delivery mailbox for the Hunt Group or the varying recordings for ACD since this is already in place as a Shared line, just being outgrown.  Hunt Group is probably a smarter way to go, honestly, but I've read that the HuntStop was going to be supported for dual lines (shared) in this version of CCA, and that does not appear to be the case according to Support.  Just being lazy, I guess -but trying not to make my client do a bunch more recordings if I can help it.

Hello Brett,

There is support in CCA for huntstop as well, but that didn't make a difference in my lab configuration. In the phone window there is a tab for ring parameters, and the huntstop configuration is there.

As far as the GDM and the hunt group, I would think that you should be able to use the existing GDM. To do this in the CFNA configuration for the hunt group choose other number and then specify the voicemail transfer digit+the shared line extension. This should make calls to the hunt group that are not answered sent to the existing GDM.

Thanks,

-john

Jontheuser
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure that really told me anything about this, really - and definitely no configuration guidance from it. Appreciate the response, though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: