cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 - Basic Telecoms Functionality

bluesheep11
Level 1
Level 1

I am having some issues with some really basic telecom functionality on the UC540, can anyone comment?                  

Set a different ring tone for a group call and an individual call – STAC are saying I need to give each extension 2 numbers – one in a group and one for individual, does this eat into the licence for total users?

SNR – A SPA504G phone needs to be twinned with an analogue DECT phone connected to the system, if you use SNR and answer the call on the DECT phone the IP Handset just keeps ringing.  I could put the phones in a group but then it is messy when I need to put the group in a group – which I guess I can’t I have to put both extensions in the group.

Missed calls – missed calls are being notified on all group phones even though the call was answered by someone else.

Night Service – In the day the main number ring group A, Overflows to B then to Everyone.  At night it should ring everyone then go to voicemail – this seems to be impossible, or am I being stupid – not outside the realms of possibility.

The client wants to use a Netgear POE switch to extend the system POE is this possible?  I have tried every combination of smart port in CCA but nothing seems to work.  I can do it with a Cisco classic by setting up trunking through CLI but the Netgear is unmanaged

I keep seeing duplex mismatch errors on the uplink port on the cisco LAN switch to the UC540 – I have tried fixing the port speeds both sides with all combinations but the same error occurs regardless.

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mike Adams wrote:

I am having some issues with some really basic telecom functionality on the UC540, can anyone comment?                  

Set a different ring tone for a group call and an individual call – STAC are saying I need to give each extension 2 numbers – one in a group and one for individual, does this eat into the licence for total users?

No. Only registered ephone counts toward licenses.

SNR – A SPA504G phone needs to be twinned with an analogue DECT phone connected to the system, if you use SNR and answer the call on the DECT phone the IP Handset just keeps ringing.  I could put the phones in a group but then it is messy when I need to put the group in a group – which I guess I can’t I have to put both extensions in the group.

Should work. Maybe update IOS.

Missed calls – missed calls are being notified on all group phones even though the call was answered by someone else.

Use shared line instead of blast group.

Night Service – In the day the main number ring group A, Overflows to B then to Everyone.  At night it should ring everyone then go to voicemail – this seems to be impossible, or am I being stupid – not outside the realms of possibility.

Should be possible.

The client wants to use a Netgear POE switch to extend the system POE is this possible?  I have tried every combination of smart port in CCA but nothing seems to work.  I can do it with a Cisco classic by setting up trunking through CLI but the Netgear is unmanaged

I keep seeing duplex mismatch errors on the uplink port on the cisco LAN switch to the UC540 – I have tried fixing the port speeds both sides with all combinations but the same error occurs regardless.

Better to use all cisco if possible. But also third-party switch should work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: