Helpful
Replies

UC540 : Blast Group vs FXS port

davidbelanger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I ran into a weird issue today setting up a UC540 :

We created a blast group with 15 SPA 5xx phones and one fxs port (set up as a user phone for an analog wireless phone), but when trying to call the group, the system would just reboot on itself... and we kept getting this issue until we got the fxs port out of the blast group.

Has anyone faced this problem so far ?

Thanks.

David

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David,

Maybe later this afternoon (My Time) I will try and work this up on our UC-560, just need to wait till it is not being used for other tests and will see if I can replicate it on our system.

I would highly recommend though that you log a case with SBS (Small Business Support) on this issue so they can capture some debugs.

I will let you know of the outcome and see how it goes

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

OK....OK......OK.... I couldn't help myself and quickly worked it up on our UC-560

Firstly I couldn't find anywhere in CCA to add the FXS port station number into the blast group, so I did it via CLI to get it to work, maybe I am missing something here, but I am fairly certain CCA does not let it happen

I did the test multiple times, even connected more than one analogue phone and added them to the group, and they all worked without the system reloading or even borking.

Since I cannot reproduce your problem I will need further information:

• What IOS are you running I.E is it the most recent SW Pack?
  • Is this a CCA managed system? Or is it a CLI managed and developed system??
  • Can you provide the configuration of the system in a text file format? NOTE: You will need to remove sensitive data before you upload it
  • What version phone loads are you using?

Since I am unable to reproduce it here I will need to dig down deeper, I do not have a UC-540 on hand to test it on that so the 560 had to do, but this should not matter I would think, but alas it may.

Any further information you can provide would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

First of all, I've managed to set the fxs port as a user phone through CCA in Telephony --> Ports & Trunks --> FXS ports and changed it from regular phone to user phone, if I remember correctly.

Software pack version is 8.1.0

And yes this is a CCA managed system.

I did not try it again today since it was install day at customer site, but my guess is that the PSU is not able to push enough power to fxs ports while getting the blast group to ring. Tried it three times in lab and got the same result every time with fxs port included in the blast group.

Hi David,

It is highly unlikely that it is a PSU issue, in fact I would be really surprised if it was as these appliances are well powered and are far from being under powered to cover of all facilities being used at once.

The issue has to be configuration related, I have now tried this on two separate machines and cannot reproduce the issue, in all cases I just did it via CLI but the system was configured and is managed by CCA, and in both scenarios the FXS port was configured as a "Common Area Phone" and nothing else, which explains why I could not use CCA and had to do it via CLI.

I would put a SBS case in on this and have to checked for a potential bug in the system, I would check it as a users phone but today I cannot crash the system as we have a series of demonstrations taking place and I have been strictly advised not to crash the system during presentations... Now why would they think I would crash it during a demonstration

Cheers,

David.