Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 CCA Create a VLAN with existing ip address problem

Patrick Brodala
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm actually setting up a UC540 for the first time.

We will use the UC as primary router, and it has to manage about 10 VLANs. No prob so far. But when I'm creating a VLAN with an ip range that is currently used by my Computer (i.e. Wifi), i'm not able to Finish the process.

The desired range/ip is formerly NOT known by the UC.

Is there any hint?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

5 Replies 5

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

Are you using the newest version of CCA?

What are your VLAN numbers and what are the subnets associated to them?

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Patrick,

I would encourage you that after creating a few VLAN's you apply the configuration, then save it using CCA, then exit out of it and run CCA again. I had this problem when having to create 9 VLAN's and CCA just has a bad habbit of retaining either old information or not following the changes you have made, so closing it and reopening it tends to get it back on track again as it redoes the "show run" command and re-learns the configuration of the system again.

Also Not sure what you mean by this:

But when I'm creating a VLAN with an ip range that is currently used by  my Computer (i.e. Wifi), i'm not able to Finish the process.

I am going to go out on a LIMB here and assume that you are not doing this in the native VLAN of the UC and either have WiFi running at the same time as you are connected via Ethernet or doing the changes over WiFi, in each case "STOP" if you are doing it this way. Close CCA down, connect the ethernet cable to the UC, turn of WiFi and make sure you have a vanilla connection to the box with all adapters turned of but the Ethernet connection.

Any changes you make or do should be from the native VLAN (1 is default for data), if you have two routing paths the minute you try and apply the changes the UC will see a conflict, I am betting that if you hit "F2" when trying to apply the changes you will see the errors being spat out in teh debugging console that CCA has built into it.

Try and make all your changes with just a straight vanila connection to the UC, even have firwewalls and UAC turned off when doing it, which is another thing that makes CCA do stupid things.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks.

I have already solved this issue.

My notebook was connected to the UC by a Patch cord, set-up with a static ip address. The wifi Interface was Connected to our SBS Domain by dhcp to establish an online connection. That was the mistake. The VLAN i tried to create contained the ip ranged of the wifi interface.

I disabled the wifi interface and restarted the process: all done.

Hi Patrick,

Glad to hear it

At least I was on the right track I guess, hopefully others avoid doing the same as well

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

yes Thanks you.