cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 - Change caller name display for SIP outbound calls only?

Brent Conway
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone has run into this problem before and can help me.

I have a UC540 and need to modify the caller name display for outbound PSTN calls only, for calls sent out on a SIP trunk to the PSTN. 

I need all outbound PSTN calls to flash the generic "company name", but internal calls (employee to employee) to still flash the unique "employee name".

When making outbound PSTN calls now, the called party sees the internal name of the employee (as per the unique ephone-dn name assigned).

I know this should be as easy as calling my carrier and telling them to apply a static name for all outbound calls (I've tried), but apparently they are unable to do that.  They can only relay the name I'm sending.  Before I move this business to another carrier, I'm wondering if the name can be somehow manipulated within the UC540 before it's sent out.

Any ideas?  Any help you can provide would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Brent  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Brent,

First of all, if this is a CCA configured/supported unit.  There is not currently a way to do this is CCA.  Making CLI changes to the unit, could void future support on that configuration.

With that said, I have not tested this, but you could try the following:

Conf T

sip-ua

calling-info pstn-to-sip from name set ABCDEFG

Thank you,

Darren

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Brent,

First of all, if this is a CCA configured/supported unit.  There is not currently a way to do this is CCA.  Making CLI changes to the unit, could void future support on that configuration.

With that said, I have not tested this, but you could try the following:

Conf T

sip-ua

calling-info pstn-to-sip from name set ABCDEFG

Thank you,

Darren

Thanks Darren!  Worked like a charm!

I need to learn to come here first - I've been at this with the carrier for 2 weeks, yet I post my question here and it's fixed in 10 minutes!

Gents, I had this same issue, and the "calling-info" fix suggested by Darren indeed changes the name displayed for SIP outbound calls to "MYCOMPANY"

Unfortunately, it also appears to affect the "name" displayed on INBOUND voice mails (that we turn into emails).

So, we now get voicemails with header information  from "MYCOMPANY" (wrong) with the correct incoming phone number for callerid.

Any clues?

My UC540 is primarly a FXO (4 port pots), with a my newly added SIP trunk.

I am having the same issue with a Cisco 2921. Trying to accomplish same goal, to outpost a generic company name for OUTBOUND only, but the command calling-info pstn-to-sip from name set, and calling-info sip-to-pstn name set command both change the caller ID name for both OUTBOUND and INBOUND calls. This seems like a bug to me. Wondering if anyone got around this issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: