Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 Connectivity Issue

mathieugenereux
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

We have recently acquired a UC540 and are trying to set it up along with a few different ip phones. I resetted the UC540 and am now recieving an IP from the dhcp of the company, even though not the default address. The problem right now is that I cannot access that UC540 from CCA or any web browser, nor is the intern LAN recieving any communication from the UC itself (no IPs are given, and a PC inside that LAN cannot access the UC either).

I have access to it via CLI commands of course so I am willing to post more info, but I'm wondering if it's the UC itself at this point or a network issue. Any idea where I could start to resolve this issue?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yasien Adams
Level 1
Level 1

so DHCP is not coming from UC540?

is DHCP matching the VLAN settings on the UC?

your IP HTTP-SERVER setting could have an access-list applied, which is not the same network details as what you are trying to connect with.

View solution in original post

Hi,

your VLAN100 is your voice vlan, which needs to come from the UC.

If you have another DHCP on the network, it will not work.

I suggest you disable the other DHCP server, and only use the UC to hand out IP addresses, on VLAN1 and VLAN100.

Then I dare say, you will be able to communicate internally with the UC, without any problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Yasien Adams
Level 1
Level 1

so DHCP is not coming from UC540?

is DHCP matching the VLAN settings on the UC?

your IP HTTP-SERVER setting could have an access-list applied, which is not the same network details as what you are trying to connect with.

Indeed the access-list applied were blocking my way in. Now I can reach the UC from the outside at least. I still can't reach the inside LAN though. But it seems the matching VLAN settings on the UC does not match the DHCP either. The VLAN won't get information from the DHCP as if it wasn't configured to give out adresses to the VLAN100. Where could I change that?

Hi,

your VLAN100 is your voice vlan, which needs to come from the UC.

If you have another DHCP on the network, it will not work.

I suggest you disable the other DHCP server, and only use the UC to hand out IP addresses, on VLAN1 and VLAN100.

Then I dare say, you will be able to communicate internally with the UC, without any problem.

sadly I don't have the rights to stop the DHCP of the network as a new member of this company when others have been working with this whole setup for over a decade haha. Though I don't think your answer would be entirely true... Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a way to give the voice network (inside network) IPs from the UC's DHCP and handle the Outside Interface with another DHCP of the outside network? I managed to do so myself but I still need to link the voice VLAN so that it recognizes the outside interface which in my case would be the Fast Ethernet interface.... any idea how? VPN, Routing or even a simple CCA config? it really is my last step