cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 Delay Sending Digits

jwcasey007
Level 1
Level 1

We've installed a Viking RC3 to handle remote door entry with the 540 product line.    Right now the Viking answers and then waits for the Cisco to enter digits, but the Cisco has already sent them..  I need it to wait to send the digits to triger the door release.

Does anybody have any experience making the UC delay it sending digits?  My demo kit is in repair, so no way for me to test...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try the following. I'm assuming this is the dial peer that points to the Viking device?

dial-peer voice 77712 pots
destination-pattern 77712
port 0/2/3
prefix ,,77712 (the commas insert a pause, you may have to experiment with the number needed)

Also, I notice the ephone-dn 1 (number 0001) is call forwarded to 7712, but the destination pattern above is 77712. Is one of these incorrect?

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How is the call being sent to the Viking device? FXO? FXS? Can you post your config?

Brandon

FXS.  Config attached.

Try the following. I'm assuming this is the dial peer that points to the Viking device?

dial-peer voice 77712 pots
destination-pattern 77712
port 0/2/3
prefix ,,77712 (the commas insert a pause, you may have to experiment with the number needed)

Also, I notice the ephone-dn 1 (number 0001) is call forwarded to 7712, but the destination pattern above is 77712. Is one of these incorrect?

Hope this helps.

Brandon

worked like a champ!!  Thanks!

dustinlope27161
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sorry to hear that your demo kit is currently in repair. As for delaying the Cisco from sending digits, have you tried adjusting the DTMF tones delay settings in the Cisco system? Alternatively, you can also try adjusting the settings on the Viking RC3 to better sync up with the Cisco system. If you continue to have issues, it may be best to consult with a professional door repair service like Highland Door Repair to help troubleshoot the issue. They may have experience working with both the Viking RC3 and Cisco systems and can help identify any potential compatibility issues or provide suggestions for adjustments.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: