Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 Error Could Not Add Peer and Memory Upgrades

jshdcooper
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am working with a UC540 router and we are having issues adding additional DNs. There are are currently 45 DNs. When trying to add a DN through the command line, we get "Error: could not add peer". 

I understand that some people have found that upgrading their version has helped solve this issue, hwoever the router already has the most recent version. I am trying to find compatible RAM so that I can update the router, but I can't find any information about memory upgrades for this system. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on where to look for memory upgrades for UC540 or any other solutions to this issue.

Thank You,

Josh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeliasoncisco
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Josh,

The UC540 platform does not support a RAM upgrade. You may be running into platform limitations on max-dn. I would save your config and reload/reboot the unit. You should save the voicemail config before doing so as well. I have seen in the past where we cannot add additional DNs due to memory leak and reloading the device helps with that.

The most recent firmware for the UC540 that I know of is: uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.151-4.M7 which is available through Cisco Support. The M6 is the latest downloadable version.

Another thought is you could look at off loading NAT, VPN, and other Security features from the UC540 by implementing a router / firewall in to your design. Then you could disable those features and reload the device to potentially free up more RAM.

Take care.

Jordan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jeliasoncisco
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Josh,

The UC540 platform does not support a RAM upgrade. You may be running into platform limitations on max-dn. I would save your config and reload/reboot the unit. You should save the voicemail config before doing so as well. I have seen in the past where we cannot add additional DNs due to memory leak and reloading the device helps with that.

The most recent firmware for the UC540 that I know of is: uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.151-4.M7 which is available through Cisco Support. The M6 is the latest downloadable version.

Another thought is you could look at off loading NAT, VPN, and other Security features from the UC540 by implementing a router / firewall in to your design. Then you could disable those features and reload the device to potentially free up more RAM.

Take care.

Jordan

I just wanted to update and verify that we were able to successfully upgrade memory in the UC540 and this resolved the issue's we were having.

Hi,

I am glad you could resolve this. Please post the memory part number you used.

Thanks.

Jordan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: