cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 FXO disconnect problem when leaving a voicemail

m.chartier
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC540 with 3 FXO ports actives. Everything is working fine except that when someone is leaving a message into a voicemail from the PSTN, even when the call hangup the line, the port stay off-hook and cue is recording loooong blank messages, someting busy tones and sometimes we lost the messages. We have to shutdown the port or wait a couple of minutes before the system release the port.

-I've try to activate/desactivate battery reversal

-Put cptone to CA (I'm in canada)

-Try some supervisory settings

-Change the impedence of the ports to 900c as recommended by the test voice port 2/0/13 thl-sweep verbose command and nothing change...

Any suggestion someone?

The problem really seems to be when the call reach the voicemail...because if a user answer the call with his IPphone, the port is release ok when the call is finished.

IOS is uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.151-2.T4

When used, CCA is 3.1(1)

Here is the configuration of the voiceports :

voice-port 0/1/0

trunk-group ALL_FXO 64

supervisory disconnect anytone

cptone CA

connection plar opx 300

impedance 900c

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/1/1

trunk-group ALL_FXO 64

cptone CA

connection plar opx 300

impedance 900c

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/1/2

trunk-group ALL_FXO 64

cptone CA

connection plar opx 300

impedance 900c

caller-id enable

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

It would be great if you can provide a capture of the following debugs:

ROUTER# debug vpm signal (This is an FXO debug)

And

ROUTER# debug dial-peer voice (Enter the dial-peer of the Voice Mail)

It would be good to see what is taking place when this is enabled, we need to see if the "B" end is being registered as "Clear Down" and the system is hanging onto the call or not.

If you are not sure how to do this then I would highly encourage you to call support and get them to assist you with this straight away, don't let the problem fester and become a huge headache for you.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

m.chartier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Support is already engaged on this, I'm waiting for the level 2 answer on this.

I will post the capture of the both commands asked tonight when I will have access to the system.

Cheers.

Mat

ctumblison
Level 1
Level 1

Did this ever get resolved, and if so what was the fix.  I have the same issues.

You need to configure the correct disconnect tone for your telco.

See many of identical posts in "voice - IP telephony".