cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 FXS call transfer

Pedro Macedo
Level 1
Level 1

On a UC540 (8.2.0) FXS extension, the "flash" button on my basic old handset doesn't work to perform a call transfer. I've tried several analaog handsets, giving same results. Only way to perfomr a call transfer is to quickly hang up and pick up. Anyone knows how to make the "flash" button work?

Thanks,

Pedro.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Pedro,

I am unaware of any capabilities of changing the flash setup on the UC, from everything I have learnt so far this needs to be done by the appliance connecting to the Cisco as it appears to be a locked settings... I may be wrong but I haven't found any information yet contrary to this

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Pedro,

I have been working on something similar just recently and learnt that the hook flash needs to work on a 250ms flash (Pause?) because the CME works its magic, research has told me that some of the older cordless/analogue phones have a 150ms Hook Flash which will not work with the CME.

Can you find out what the timer is on your phone given its age?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks for your reply!

I was able to change the flash pause on one of the cordless phones to 250ms and it works fine. Unfortunately, I still have some traditional analog phones in which I cannot configure this parameter. Is there a way I change this parameter on the UC540 to 150ms?

These old phones do work on a UC320 which must have a shorter flash parameter.

Rgds,

Pdro.

Hi Pedro,

I am unaware of any capabilities of changing the flash setup on the UC, from everything I have learnt so far this needs to be done by the appliance connecting to the Cisco as it appears to be a locked settings... I may be wrong but I haven't found any information yet contrary to this

Cheers,

David.

Pedro,

I tested this on lab, I had to assign a user to the fxs port in order to get flash-hook working.

A little fine tunning to make it compliant with my old analog phone was to setup flash-hook timing on FXS port to 150ms.

UC_540(config)# voice-port 0/0/3

UC_540(config-voiceport)# timing hookflash-in 150

UC_540(config-voiceport)# end

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Rogelio Valtierra