Replies

UC540 FXS port "CCA Hangs"

sudan_023
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

The port needs to be a user phone

I need to be able to set it up in a hunt group etc

When I go to users and extensions / users and phones the operation in progress sits there endlessly with operation in progress.

The end result I need is an extension that can be put on everyones phones as a PA button

I will actually connect a PA system with speakers to the analogue line.

please help with the CLI configuration.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sudan,

You will need to have the following in the config:

stcapp ccm-group 1

stcapp

and the following example configure the phone and the extension.

Use the mac address of port. You may find it using the "sh stcapp dev summ"  just exclude the first four symbols from device name. Then configure as any sccp phone.

dial-peer voice 1004 pots

service stcapp

port 0/0/0

ephone-dn  200  dual-line

number 1004 no-reg primary

label 1004

description fxs

name fxs fxs

ephone  20

device-security-mode none

mac-address xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

ephone-template 16

max-calls-per-button 2

username "fxs" password 123456

type anl

button  1:200

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

By default, UC500 configure FXS port to be ephone. So if you look at therunning  configuration or the default configuration file stored in flash, you will see the commands that are used to do that.

i configured this way but it didnt work.

!

voice-port 0/0/0

description PA

station-id name 0

station-id number 1004

!

destination-pattern 1004

port 0/0/0

!

is there any command to define "user phone" and assign that extension to hunt group.

Thanks

Hi Sudan,

You will need to have the following in the config:

stcapp ccm-group 1

stcapp

and the following example configure the phone and the extension.

Use the mac address of port. You may find it using the "sh stcapp dev summ"  just exclude the first four symbols from device name. Then configure as any sccp phone.

service stcapp

port 0/0/0

ephone-dn  200  dual-line

number 1004 no-reg primary

label 1004

description fxs

name fxs fxs

ephone  20

ephone-template 16

max-calls-per-button 2

type anl

HTH,

Alex

Hi Alexander

Thanks for your help i still have one confusion. where is this username and password is used?

ephone  20

ephone-template 16

max-calls-per-button 2

type anl

Thank you

Hi Sudan,

This is to create user with the phone. It is needed for CCA otherwise you may not create it if you do not wish. You may use it this user to log in to ccme.html web GUI.

If the question has been resolved please mark it as answered so that others may benefit from this.

Best regards,

Alex

Hi Alex,

I have this problem and cannot shoot it from my side. i.e. Someone calls ext 1004. Analogue phone picks up. Caller hangs up. Analogue phone currently hears Beep.  Beep.  Beep. Beep, etc. Can we make this silent so it does have any tone when the other party hangs up?

Thanks

Sudan

sudan_023
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alex,

I have this problem and cannot shoot it from my side. i.e. Someone calls ext 1004. Analogue phone picks up. Caller hangs up. Analogue phone currently hears Beep.  Beep.  Beep. Beep, etc. Can we make this silent so it does have any tone when the other party hangs up?

Thanks

Sudan

Hi Sudan,

From what type of connection you are getting the calls to the FXS port? FXO, ISDN, SIP, SCCP or another FXS port?

Best regards,

Alex

Hi Alex,

I need silence on the line when the other party hangs up is because I have a box connected to the line that detects silence. It needs silence to disconnect the line after the other party hangs up. So the phone on ext 1004 needs to have no tone when other party hangs up.

Hope that makes sense

Best Regards,

Sudan

Hello Sudan,

I understand but if the call comes from FXO you may only decrease a bit the time it disconnects but you cannot remove the tones at all you may decrease them up to one or something like that. Actually the inbound call from FXO are disconnected by the UC.

This is why I am asking from where the calls are coming to the FXS.

Best regards,

Alex

Hello Alex,

thanks for your support. can you please provide me sample config that how can i decrease that sound.

Regards

Sudan

Hi Alex,

I actually need the same thing.

The call comes from another extension on the UC540. It dials the FXS port ok and call is established. The caller hangs up but the FXS does not drop the call automatically. The FXS port hears Beep, Beep, Beep for 60 seconds.

i have set the voice-port up as follows:

!

voice-port 0/0/0

cptone AU

timeouts call-disconnect 1

timeouts ringing infinity

timeouts wait-release 3

timeouts power-denial 2500

description PA

station-id name PA

station-id number 405

caller-id enable

!

The call-disconnect should should hangup after 1 second from my command but it doesn't seem to be working.

Any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Darren,

in your case if it is an analogue phone connected to the FXS port as a start I would remove the following:

timeouts call-disconnect 1

timeouts ringing infinity

timeouts wait-release 3

timeouts power-denial 2500

with "no" in front and then shut no shut the port.

HTH,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the quick response. I added those only to try to stop the ringing. So removing them won't fix the problem unfortunately.

If the "timeouts call-disconnect 1" doesn't disconnect the call where is the setting that will disconnect when the other party hangs up? Is there a global setting maybe that I'm missing somewhere?

Any other ideas?

D.