cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 gaining time???

Jeremy Koch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, so I have a UC540 in our company. Everything is running the latest versions of firmware and software.

I have this issue where the UC 540 box will constantly gain time...

I have tried setting an NTP server but for some reason it never works.

Anyway I sync the time on the UC box and all the other devices on the network (ESWs, AP541Ns, etc),

then if I come back a few hours later... the system has gained 10mins (this is shown on all the phones).

Any ideas?!?!?!? This is driving the office crazy!

UC540 system with 8.6.2 Software Pack
2 Replies 2

Jack AllTrades
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure if it is the CUE or the ?CME? that needs to be able to reach the NTP servers, but you might verify a successful ping from both.

I had a situation like this at one time as well and it turned out the NTP servers I wrote down of some website weren't functioning.  I now use us.pool.ntp.org

Maybe your timezone is off?  A change that dramatic over such a short period suggests the time service is trying to catch up to something, rather than merely straying from the clock a little bit...

Hello Jeremy,

Please check your NTP association - show ntp  association. You should have "*" in front of the server. If you do not associate with the server you may look if your ACL on the WAN allows it - NTP is UDP port 123.

HTH,
Alex

*Please rate helpful posts