cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 - GDM issue "mailbox is in use"

jyoopro4ia
Level 1
Level 1

A user is reporting that when she tries to access the general delivery mailbox, she gets this error "mailbox is in use".

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks!

11 Replies 11

jyoopro4ia
Level 1
Level 1

I went into the CUE gui and saw that the status stated "in use" for this GDM.  I checked the mailbox and unlocked it from the GUI.  now it's working again.

The problem's solved at least for now..  Does anyone know why this has happened?

What software pak are you running?

Had this same issue on a UC560 running SP 8.1 on Tuesday - had to go into the CLI (with Support Center permission) to unlock it because the new Web interface for CUE 8.0.3 doesn't let you do this any more from GUI.

Just curious.

R/ Bob

I investigated with the Engineering team and Nazmi informed me that "mailbox in use" can come if any TUI session or VoiceView sessions are open in any other phones having access to that GDM or the ports have become stuck or busy.

For more information you can refer

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008067cb94.shtml

Well here is the way I fixed it through CCA

From CCA/Troubleshoot/CUE Exec Commands/
command:
voicemail mailbox unlock owner jennifer

in the above example the box that belongs to jennifer was stuck.

David, Worked perfect thanks!

Known Bug:

CSCtl04193

-Brian

That worked for me. Thanks david@dovecommunications!

alternatively, you can use the number to which the voicemail box is assigned:

voicemail Mailbox unlock telephonenumber

And yet Cisco expects us to use only CCA...good luck trying to figure that one out without putty

Hi Renato,

CCA has its own CLI interface so you don't have to use putty, my preference is to use a command line program (SecureCRT) as I am more familiar with it and can do things quite quickly in it (Love the multiple tabs). The CCA command line system is actually quite good for noobies and it works quite well.

But I do take your point though, they are quite valid.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

This worked for me and was quite simple to do.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: