cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 - Line not hanging up

devin.culp
Level 1
Level 1

I recently installed a UC540 with PRI, during testing when I place a call from my cell phone into the phone system and answer with my Cisco phone then hangup from the Cisco phone the person on the cell phone is still connected. They end up returning to the auto-attendant. Anyone ever run into this issue or can point me in the right direction to troubleshoot.

Thanks

10 Replies 10

Hi Devin,

Are you using VIC module for PRI? Which is the release of the IOS and CME version?

Also you can check this documents on PRI troubleshooting:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_IOS_Voice_Troubleshooting_and_Monitoring_--_T1_or_E1_Interface_Troubleshooting#ISDN_PRI_Troubleshooting_Tips

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk628/technologies_tech_note09186a00801509d7.shtml

Best regards,

Alex

VWIC-1MFT-T1/E1=

CISCO SECOND-GENRATION 1-PORT T1/E1 MULTIFLEX TRUNK VOICE/WAN INTERFACE CARD

IOS: 15.1(2)T4

CME: 8.1

CUE: 8.0.6

devin.culp
Level 1
Level 1

I just did another test by setting up a DID to my extension. What I am seeing is when I call inbound and you answer on that extension and you end the call from your cisco phone, what happens is it trys to call back. After answering the second time if I disconnect the call it stays disconnected that time.

Hi Devin,

Now you have hit a really cool issue

Ok a couple of things, can you do a "debug ISDN q.931" on the CLI and reproduce the process.

What does the screen say as soon as you hang up the phone the first time?

What does the line key button say as soon as you hang up the phone?

Is this a default or standardized user/phone configuration or does it have some customization done?

Are you able to potentially upgrade to 8.2?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi Devin,

The supported E1/T1 VIC is VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1.

You can check it in the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7293/C78-557768-00_540_platform_reference_guide_DS_v2a.html#wp9000381

Bets regards,

Alex

This is the same model second generation.

When I hangup it immedietly shows a new call coming in on line the key button is showing the answer key and dnd key. The debug shows it disconnecting. This is only happening on my phone and my wife has the same phone does same thing. I would like to get this UC540 to the newest software pack but I am remote will have to plan that upgrade. This debug below is me answering 3 times, it finally stops calling back on the third hangup.

005595: Mar 10 13:28:33.520: %ISDN-6-CONNECT: Interface Serial0/2/0:11 is now connected to cellnumberhere N/A

005596: Mar 10 13:28:48.773: %ISDN-6-DISCONNECT: Interface Serial0/2/0:11  disconnected from cellnumberhere, call lasted 15 seconds

005597: Mar 10 13:29:02.765: %ISDN-6-CONNECT: Interface Serial0/2/0:11 is now connected to cellnumberhere N/A

005598: Mar 10 13:29:05.921: %ISDN-6-DISCONNECT: Interface Serial0/2/0:11  disconnected from cellnumberhere, call lasted 3 seconds

005599: Mar 10 13:29:10.961: %ISDN-6-CONNECT: Interface Serial0/2/0:11 is now connected to cellnumberhere N/A

005600: Mar 10 13:29:13.281: %ISDN-6-DISCONNECT: Interface Serial0/2/0:11  disconnected from cellnumberhere, call lasted 2 seconds

devin.culp
Level 1
Level 1

new upate when I posted this discussion I was testing from my samsung galaxy phone, after talking to Cisco support we tested with several different cell phones and lan lines and all worked correctly. This may be an issue with my phone so far. Support did work with me to debug my call.

Hi Devin,

I am glad to hear you have find out where the problem comes from. You already have the curent software pack 8.2 according to what you have written as versions of IOS, CUE and CME. There will be new software pack in April 8.3 you can update then when it is released and check if it will fix this issue or check with cell phone firmware update.

Best regards,

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: