cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 Live Record pilot extension #?

Brook Powers
Level 1
Level 1

What should the Live Record Pilot Extenion be set to in CCA on a UC540?

There is no documentation I can locate that describes the considerations for setting this value.

Values of 297, 297,298 and 399 dont appear to work.

From Lab 13 - Smart Applications

https://supportforums.cisco.com/.../Lab%2013-Smart%20Application%20-%20Live%20Record.pdf

From the Help Page;

Live Record

This window appears when you choose Applications > Smart Applications > Live Record from the feature bar.

Overview

Live Record enables users to record live conversations and store the recording as a message in their mailbox. They can then play it or forward it to another subscriber or group of subscribers. The default setting for this application is disabled.

Phone users can start a Live Record session by pressing the LiveRcd softkey on their IP phone during a call. The system sets up a conference call between the Live Record pilot number you configure here and the party to be recorded. Periodic tones are played to indicate that the call is being recorded.

The size of Live Record messages is limited only by the amount of space remaining in the subscriber's voice mailbox.

Procedures

To enable and configure Live Record, follow these steps.

1. Click the Enable Live Record checkbox.
  2. Enter the Live Record pilot extension.
  3. Click OK to apply the changes and return to the Smart Applications Manager window.

10 Replies 10

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Live Record Pilot Extension can be whatever you would like it to be. The trick is for there to be a dial peer with this extension pointing to the CUE module. I'm assuming CCA takes care of this detail, but you can check the CLI to be sure.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Glenn Quesenberry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Brook,

Not aware of any specific extension restrictions or consideration in setting the LiveRecord extension number.  I've configured my system with extension 297 and it works just fine.  Do you get any error messages or codes from CCA when configuring the LiveRecord extension?  Also are you saving the config after making the change?  Do any of your phones reset/reboot after you enable LiveRecord (some may)?  After I set mine to ext. 297 and hit "apply" my 7971 ip phone rebooted within about 2 to 3 min of the change taking affect.

I have not seen or read anywhere that specific extensions should or should not be used and have not been made aware of any issues with specific ones either here in the Support Community or otherwise.

Best Regards,

So, I set the Live Record Pilot extension to 247, saved the configuration in CCA and now my phone rebooted and the message of the day says;

"7:Forwarded to 399"

and Live Record results in a fast busy.

Something you can try... CCA offers a dial plan check tool in either Monitor or Troubleshoot Drawer, I forgot and not near it now.  But it let's you "test" the extension to make sure it's not already assigned.  Also, you didn't say if you are using the default 3 digit dial plan, and just match that.   I saw a case where if you enable conferencing after you enabled live record, then you have to completely disable live record (uncheck it and apply; refresh) and. Then enable it again with a unique number as we discussed.  Since this config must push to CUE as Brandon said, plz make sure you are not running dual nic on the CCA pc, or if you are, make sure routing to 10.1.10.0/24 goes to the Ethernet nic to uc500.  Make sur CUE is running and healthy.  If all else fails, open a case.

Posted from my mobile device.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Brook,

I know Steve has briefly touched on it, but you really should make sure that Hardware Conferencing is enabled, since it pretty much sets up a conference bridge to your Voice Mail.

And for good measure, you should also look to having Transcoding enabled as well.

Other then that once you set it up in CCA it should just work pretty much straight away.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Turns out the display isssue was just something buggy with this extension.

I removed the 2 WATCH lines and it went back to the company name.

Correction: The Live Record still results in a fast busy when a Live Record Pilot Extionsion value "297" is used.

Any more suggestions.

Brook,

So you've got it working ok now, the LiveRecord?

Glen, I spoke too soon. I still get a fast busy.

I corrected the oringinal psot.

If you've tried all of the suggestions provided here it sounds like it may be time to open a case as Steve recommended above.  Is this a UC520, UC540 or UC560?

Hi Brook,

If you are up for it, can you please post your CME and CUE configuration with all sensative information removed.

I would like to take a look at it and see if there are any potential conflicts happening.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: