cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 Not compatible with Gmail Security Protocols

Stacey Gaskell
Level 1
Level 1

I just got off the phone with support and was informed that GMAIL recently heightened its security for SMTP forwarding.  At this time, the UC540 does not meet Gmail's requirements of SSL ot TLS encryption and SMTP4 authentication.  So, none of our corporate Gmail account customers can use this feature.

Do we know when or if Cisco will provide compatibility with these security protocols?

TIA

6 Replies 6

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

If you are trying to do voicemail to email notification to email addresses hosted by Google Apps use the following ad your anti relay "aspmx.l.google.com"

Google has a document on how to relay to Google hosted accounts

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

We ended up going with a hosted Exchange for them.  There were other issues with the Google account that they didn't like, so we didn't get to try this out.  Thank you for the response, though. 

To setup the UC540 with Google apps,  take a look at this:

http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176600

In Voicemail in CCA:

> SMTP Address:   aspmx.l.google.com

> SMTP Port:  25

Then in Notification Tab,  enter the users email addresses.

Don

a. This thread is a year old now... not sure why you replied to it.

b. The latest CUE firmware has full support for SSL/TLS and even has a "Gmail" option on the SMTP Server configuration page that automatically fills in the information for Gmail.

a)  Year old or not, it still returns on searches.   When I ran into the problem this is what I got.   I didn't see any other updated information that CUE and resolved the issue.    So I resolved the issue on my own and this is how I did it.    Old or not, it worked.

b)  I am glad to hear that that Cisco fixed this issue.   But, using CCA, I could not get to work.   I used this trick to resolve the issue. 

Now the web will have the information that the issue is resolved.   Thanks for the feedback.   Can you state which version of firmware and which version of CCA supports the configuration.

Ah, that makes sense -- I wasn't trying to attack you, just wasn't sure why such an old thread was resurrected.

It is not configurable via CCA, you have to goto the CUE web interface (http://10.1.10.1/) and configure it under the SMTP Server section. This does not break CCA in any way.

I believe Software Packs 8.6.0 and 8.6.1 both include the upgrades. 8.6.1 is the currently recommended version.