Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 not connecting to CCA

Bienvenu Ngala
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

I am new to this field, I may not be technically precise but I will try to explain the issues  I encountered.

I bought a second hand UC540 (fxo), which I have upgraded to the latest firmware 8.6. When I connect the router to the PC, The connection is established, the router can ping the PC and vis versa. But the trouble is when I launched the CCA software, I am getting an error message saying " device unsupported ". Also the router is running on 15.1 IOS.

what is the problem exactly.

Many thanks,

BEN

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes the UC540 and the C1861 are two different devices, unfortunately I'm not sure why CCA would recognize your UC540 for a C1861. Try refreshing the topology. Also, I wasn't able to find a reason why you would be asked two login credentials. I did however find some articles on resetting the UC540. 

UC500 Series Password Recovery through Command Line Interface (CLI)

Configuration of Factory Reset/Restart on UC500 Series through Cisco Configuration Assistant

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

cristgon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello BEN,

Thank you for using the Cisco Small Business forums. My name is Cristian, I am an eContent developer and I am part of the Small Business Support Community. 

Unfortunately, according to this the UC540 is EOL, which means we can provide limited assistance. But I was able to successfully connect to our UC540 using CCA by creating a connection to the device's default IP address which is 192.168.10.1. Might I also recommend ensuring that your version of CCA is the most up-to-date version. Here is an article on generic debugging for the device as well. 

I hope you will find this answer useful, and I hope you reply back with any questions or concerns.

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it*

Regards,

Cristian Gonzalez

Cisco eContent Developer 

hello Cristian,

Thank you for your help.

First of all I am using CCA 3.2(3), I have tried the debug icmp but I am still not able to communicate with the UC450 through CCA. 

My router is the UC540-FXO-K9 but the configuration file (.cfg) I succeeded to restore factory default the device is the UC540W-FXO-......cfg, the version is 8.6.2. is there any difference?

I successfully connected the Cisco ESW 520-24PS to the same CCA application without a single problem but the UC540 is not connecting.

Something I have noticed when I am trying to initiate the connection to the UC540, CCA is asking for 2 set of authentications 1. enter the username & password of user priv 15 when it is entered, then it will ask for the second 2. enter Admin username & password. 

Also what is the meaning of "Unsupported Device  Type". that is the message I am getting.

Please find attached the CCA  print screen, on  the CCA device type instead of displaying UC540-fxo-k9 is displaying C1861-SRST-C-F/K9. Also a show version command is attached.

Many thanks 

BEN

To be clear, when attempting to connect to the UC540, it prompts you for login credentials. It does this twice? Does one says something like "level_15 or view_access"?

I was apple to connect to the device using the default credentials (cisco/cisco) when prompted with the lvl 15 prompt show above. I am trying to replicate the admin prompt but finding little to no luck. 

Thank you very much for your help,

It is prompting for the credentials twice the first one is "level 15" and the second is "Admin".

Is there any difference between the UC540-fxo-k9 and C1861-SRST-C-F/K9 ? Because when CCA is failing to connect, it is showing on the screen C1861-....../k9 unsupported device type.

Thank you.

Ben

Yes the UC540 and the C1861 are two different devices, unfortunately I'm not sure why CCA would recognize your UC540 for a C1861. Try refreshing the topology. Also, I wasn't able to find a reason why you would be asked two login credentials. I did however find some articles on resetting the UC540. 

UC500 Series Password Recovery through Command Line Interface (CLI)

Configuration of Factory Reset/Restart on UC500 Series through Cisco Configuration Assistant

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: