Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 Outside Line and Line identity

Hello all,

I just purchased a UC540 and I am still awaiting its arrival. I had a few questions about the system and was wondering if anyone was familiar.

Is there a way to program an extension to dial an outside line? I.E If Tom calls asking for bob can a receptionist program the UC so that extension XXX automatically forwards to users cell phone?

Also we have two seperate entities operating on the same phone system (same owners) is there a way to distinguish the two numbers?

Example

line 555-XXXX is Company A

line 666-XXXX is Company B

If somoene calls line 555-XXXX is there a way I can identify which number they dialed so the receptionist knows how to greet them I.E Toms company or Bobs company? I am looking to run 8FXO cards and use outside line strictly for trunks only via FXO and assign internal extensions for local users and remote users utilizing phones with VPN enabled clients. System will be configured all in 1 hunt group (All phones ring when any number is dialed) and will not utilize the auto attendant other then after hours.

Appreciate any feedback, looking forward to the new system!

Thanks

Chris-

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

chrcoope
Level 1
Level 1

Chris,

It sounds like you need call forward all for your first question.  You would want to use "Office Manager" for the secretary in order to easily change that.  This would require CCA compliance, that is, CLI cannot be used to configure the UC.

To your second question, yes you can but, you will need to dedicate lines to either company.  Outbound for caller ID.  Inbound for proper call routing.  You will want to use two steering digits and use two complete dial plans.  You could also use COR instead of two separate steering digits.  The telephone company will have to know that there will be two separate hunt groups and be instructed to route calls correctly and handle caller ID appropriately. 

Regards,

Christopher

View solution in original post

tracy
Level 1
Level 1

You can go to any handset and call-forward it to a cell phone  anytime. You may also want to google Cisco's Single Number Reach. That  solution is pretty neat.

Once you've split the lines between the two companies,  then you could have all the lines appear on all the handsets and assign  unique ringtones to each line, ie, lines 1-4 have ringtone A for  CompanyA and lines 5-8 have ringtone B for CompanyB.

The  unique ringtone trick and tons of other cool stuff can only be unlocked  through the CLI. Anything that can be configured via the CCA, do it in  the CCA. Leave the rest for the CLI. Make lots of backups as you go  along. You don't want to configure something in the CLI that breaks the  CCA. The CCA is your friend.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

anyone?

chrcoope
Level 1
Level 1

Chris,

It sounds like you need call forward all for your first question.  You would want to use "Office Manager" for the secretary in order to easily change that.  This would require CCA compliance, that is, CLI cannot be used to configure the UC.

To your second question, yes you can but, you will need to dedicate lines to either company.  Outbound for caller ID.  Inbound for proper call routing.  You will want to use two steering digits and use two complete dial plans.  You could also use COR instead of two separate steering digits.  The telephone company will have to know that there will be two separate hunt groups and be instructed to route calls correctly and handle caller ID appropriately. 

Regards,

Christopher

tracy
Level 1
Level 1

You can go to any handset and call-forward it to a cell phone  anytime. You may also want to google Cisco's Single Number Reach. That  solution is pretty neat.

Once you've split the lines between the two companies,  then you could have all the lines appear on all the handsets and assign  unique ringtones to each line, ie, lines 1-4 have ringtone A for  CompanyA and lines 5-8 have ringtone B for CompanyB.

The  unique ringtone trick and tons of other cool stuff can only be unlocked  through the CLI. Anything that can be configured via the CCA, do it in  the CCA. Leave the rest for the CLI. Make lots of backups as you go  along. You don't want to configure something in the CLI that breaks the  CCA. The CCA is your friend.

thank you much appreciated!