cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 problem with inbound call from PSTN

bignutty18
Level 1
Level 1

UC540 on UC500-advipservicesk9-mz.151-2.T4 running Telephony Service Version 8.1.

Here is the issue.  POTS line in FXO port set to ring to ext. 2011.  Rings twice on phone.  Stops ringing.  Starts ringing again as a different call a few seconds later.  Caller calling in on the line never stops hearing ringing.

Not sure where even to start with this.  This is a weekly calling customer who is having nothing but issues.  Always with the main line.  I'll try and get the config for this system as well.  Tedious to work with as all work has to be done via WebEx.

Thanks in Advance!

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can configure plar to an AA so that the call is answered, then transferred.

You should also update system software, and check voice-port setting.

Paulo,

Thanks for the quick reply.  It does ring to an AA if no one answers the phone but, they prefer a live voice to take the call.

They currently have the statement on the voice-port of connection plar opx 2011.  I'm wondering if maybe i should change it to connection plar 2011?

I have advised the customer that an upgrade of the system may be in order.  They have had so many weird problems that I was wondering if it was the software.  A quick look doesn't seem to find any bugs or deferred software.

Yes, removing opx is another way to do it.

In most cases you need to run cisco devices on latest software to avoid many bugs.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: