Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 SF200e Switch VLAN issues

focusonit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a new Cisco deployment UC540 and a SF-200e switch.

CCA doesnt seem to like the the SF200e so I created a VLAN 100 (Cisco-Voice) maually on the switch and it seemed to work..... (for a while)

CCA doesnt like the smartport setting on the EXT port unless it's none or "IP Phone + DeskPhone" - neither seems right

If I select switch it reports  "Selcted macro is not compatible with the device (iiphone) connected Please selcted IP PhoneDesktop role."

So selecting none seemed to work - for a while and then the phones stop registering (CDP shows them in CCA) 'fiddling around seems to bring it back again but i'm not sure what I need to do to make it work 100%) There are only phones attached to the switch.

I have a feeling that it's VLAN related and that the UC isnt pushing DHCP throught the expansion port.

switch has g1 trunked (also have tried adding VLAN 100 to it and to connected ports that have phones)

Any ideas or documtns on adding a SF200e to a UC540 (we normally use 300 series and they 'just work')

Thanks

1 Reply 1

focusonit
Level 1
Level 1

The SF200e is not out of the box compatible with the UC540 nor CCA 3.2.1

If you set up the VLANS manually (and configure the EXT port to be switch port before plugging in the switch) all seems to be OK.

Also make sure it's running the latest firmware (Specifically for the E series) and dont move the mouse while its uploading either