Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 Startup Config does not exist on flash

aldobson
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone help.

Have a customer that had a power problem and now the UC540 will not boot up.

Can get into CLI and when show flash there is only one file which is UC500-advipservicesk9.......

Should there not be a startup config file?

How can we copy the files to flash or is there documentation to recover UC540?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Hi Al,

There should be also file something like "UC560-FXO-K9-factory-8.2.0.cfg" which is the factory default config. If have this one you can copy this into startup config and start from there. Also you can download software pack and get the files from there. If you need assistance you can call the support and you will get assitance from there also.

Best regards,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

Thanks for replying,

No there is nothing else just the file I listed.

So is there documentation to upload?

Thanks

Issue a 'dir nvram:'. This will tell you if the startup config is present in there. If you want a factory default configuration, it will be available in the software pack that you can download from cisco.com

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Al,

Are you using the Console to connect to the UC?

Are you in ROMON mode when you connect?

Do you have a compact card reader handy?

What IOS or Software Pack is the system or was the system running?

I am happy to create a zip file of default files on a compact flash card, but this will be dependant on the system setup/configuration, and further to that there is a good chance that if you managed to loose contents on the CFC and the UC is not booting that the CUE has also become corrupted and may be in a non-recoverable state, have had about 4 do this to me over the years with bad shutdowns.

Also if you do that a CFC reader handy, sometimes when you oped the card up in windows it will repair the corruption or sectors of the card and then the files are readable again.

Let us know so I can find the best way to assist you.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

Thanks for replying.

We have the UC540 connected by the console cable.

We are not sure of the IOS that was on it previously.

We have finally been able to download the ADVIPSERVICES.....

Now the UC540 boots up in hyperterminal with ----------Systen Configuration Dialog------------

"Would you like to enterthe initial configuration dialog? yes/no

We are not sure what settings we have to do and when we reset it always comes back to this.

Have you seen this or do you have documentation what we are supposed to do?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Al,

Please advise of the base configuration of the UC-540, is it a FXO based

system or a BRI based system, once this is established I can give you the

default configuration file and guide you from there

Cheers,

David.

"Sent from my Acer Iconia A500"

On Mar 3, 2012 12:54 AM, "aldobson" <

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

It is a FXO!

Thanks

It's of very little use to you now, but one thing I usually do is issue a "copy run current-confg" after each config change which creates a file called "current-confg" on the Flash card.  

This can help whoever ends up onsite (especcially if UC/router is getting replaced) because he/she can replace the flash card and do a "copy flash:current-confg start" to fully restore config from the console cable only.