cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 Turn Off Call Waiting Tone (Camp-on for us phone guys)

ctumblison
Level 1
Level 1

Have a customer that has all calls ringing in to a blast group.  Problem is when they are already on a call and another call rings the group it is beeping in their ear.  Thus providing a "Call Wait" tone.  Is there a way to turn this off in CCA for the UC540.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

There is currently no way to disable the call waiting tone though CCA.  The only way to currently do this would be though CLI.  You would need to go to that particular ephone-dn and disable the call waiting beep.

UC540(config-ephone-dn)#no call-waiting beep

Thank you,

Darren

View solution in original post

Ahhh yes, call-waiting beep.  We discovered this within 2 hours of being live on our UC560.  The CLI command will turn it off and as far as I have been able to tell, it doesn't bother CCA at all.  In some cases we wanted to use call-waiting ring, to ring the IP Phone's external speaker instead of beep the handset when there was another incoming call, but the SPA phones have a glitch where they don't handle this properly, they decide to "mute" the audio in the handset while the external speaker ringtone is ringing.  We tested with a 7900 and it works fine.  Just another option to consider. 

Bill 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

There is currently no way to disable the call waiting tone though CCA.  The only way to currently do this would be though CLI.  You would need to go to that particular ephone-dn and disable the call waiting beep.

UC540(config-ephone-dn)#no call-waiting beep

Thank you,

Darren

Thank you will give it a shot

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I see in the Feature Description Guide, we incorrectly indicate call waiting beeps (which are on by default) can be turned off by CCA Administrator in Users and Extensions in CCA 3.0.1

In the mean time, you would have to manually disable this with 'no call-waiting beelp' on the EPHONE_DN (all members who dont want this) in CLI and best to call SBSC to make sure this wont break CCA (I dont think it should, but I (Sales) am not authorized to hand out CLI.

Thank you.

Ahhh yes, call-waiting beep.  We discovered this within 2 hours of being live on our UC560.  The CLI command will turn it off and as far as I have been able to tell, it doesn't bother CCA at all.  In some cases we wanted to use call-waiting ring, to ring the IP Phone's external speaker instead of beep the handset when there was another incoming call, but the SPA phones have a glitch where they don't handle this properly, they decide to "mute" the audio in the handset while the external speaker ringtone is ringing.  We tested with a 7900 and it works fine.  Just another option to consider. 

Bill 

Thank you for replying.  It appears we will need to turn off in CLI as well.