cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 Upgrade to 8.1 -Software failed verification

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

So I upgraded my PC to CCA 3.0 and decided to upgrade the demo kit to 8.1, I used CCa and got the error: Software Failed verification.

I re-downloaded the software again and got the same error trying to upgrade. I downloaded an MD5 checker and checked the file, and sure enough the checksum is valid.

Any thought on the cause?

Thanks,

Bob James

1 Accepted Solution
3 Replies 3

lapld1234
Level 1
Level 1

Where did you go to download the 8.1 software?  I found that when I upgraded using cca3.0 to 8.1 on a UC540 that when I downloaded it from searching for it on Cisco.com it failed the verification.  I did a MD5 check as well and it was fine.  Then I followed the link that is on cca3.0 in the upgrade section to download the upgrade and it worked that way.

Thanks guys, that was the ticket.

Steven you might want to get Cisco to either update those files or remove them.

It did not go without issues, took me three times to download, hung twice.

Then the upgrade failed the first time, it hung my laptop; completely, no mouse, no C-A-D, I had to hard power off. The next time it worked, but it looks like the CUE needs to be re-setup for all users, their setup (personal greeting, password, etc.) was gone and each phone was prompted to set it up again. If this is normal, that's OK (I didn't read the release notes), but just something to note when doing it.

If it's not normal, it happened to me. I don't know what would have happened if there were voicemails left in the system for users.

Maybe you can let me know if this is part and parcel of the upgrade.

Anyway.... looks good I will be doing more testing this weekend to ensure all the other features are still working but so far it seems to be a smooth transition.

Now if I could only get my 9951's working....

Bob James