cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Brent Conway
Beginner

UC540 - Voicemail Access PSTN Number - Disabled?

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anybody has seen this behaviour before, and can help me.

I have a UC540, and am trying to assign a voicemail access number from the PSTN.

Should be simple enough within CCA - but the 'Voicemail Access PSTN Number' field is greyed out, so I can't edit it. (see screen shot attached)

Does anyone know what might cause this?  The voice mail config on this box is pretty default.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks.

Brent

VoicemailAccessPSTNProblem.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David Trad
Rising star

Hi Brent,

On the left hand side you will see Dialplan and then incoming call, in this section you would allocate a dedicated PSTN number to point to the VM and CCA will create the translation rule/profile for it, I think then this number will show up in the grayed out box.

Let us know how you go with it, this is normally how I do it, but I only do this when I have a 100 number In-dial and I always allocate that last number in that range to the VM, never have done this on FXO as I have a fear that the line wont hang up properly given that FXO lines are pretty dodgy and do not work well with the UC's.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
David Trad
Rising star

Hi Brent,

On the left hand side you will see Dialplan and then incoming call, in this section you would allocate a dedicated PSTN number to point to the VM and CCA will create the translation rule/profile for it, I think then this number will show up in the grayed out box.

Let us know how you go with it, this is normally how I do it, but I only do this when I have a 100 number In-dial and I always allocate that last number in that range to the VM, never have done this on FXO as I have a fear that the line wont hang up properly given that FXO lines are pretty dodgy and do not work well with the UC's.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

Brent Conway
Beginner

Thanks for your help David!  That worked.

Interesting it doesn't say that this field is auto-populated from what is entered in the dial plan window anywhere in the help.

Hi Brent,

Ahhh yes it is one of the great mysteries of the Cisco life, become a damn

good guesser

Once you work these things out you tend not to forget them easily.

Cheers,

David Trad

"Sent from my Acer Iconia A500"

On Jun 1, 2012 1:37 AM, "brent.conway" <