cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 - Voicemail Access PSTN Number - Disabled?

Brent Conway
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anybody has seen this behaviour before, and can help me.

I have a UC540, and am trying to assign a voicemail access number from the PSTN.

Should be simple enough within CCA - but the 'Voicemail Access PSTN Number' field is greyed out, so I can't edit it. (see screen shot attached)

Does anyone know what might cause this?  The voice mail config on this box is pretty default.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks.

Brent

VoicemailAccessPSTNProblem.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Brent,

On the left hand side you will see Dialplan and then incoming call, in this section you would allocate a dedicated PSTN number to point to the VM and CCA will create the translation rule/profile for it, I think then this number will show up in the grayed out box.

Let us know how you go with it, this is normally how I do it, but I only do this when I have a 100 number In-dial and I always allocate that last number in that range to the VM, never have done this on FXO as I have a fear that the line wont hang up properly given that FXO lines are pretty dodgy and do not work well with the UC's.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Brent,

On the left hand side you will see Dialplan and then incoming call, in this section you would allocate a dedicated PSTN number to point to the VM and CCA will create the translation rule/profile for it, I think then this number will show up in the grayed out box.

Let us know how you go with it, this is normally how I do it, but I only do this when I have a 100 number In-dial and I always allocate that last number in that range to the VM, never have done this on FXO as I have a fear that the line wont hang up properly given that FXO lines are pretty dodgy and do not work well with the UC's.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Brent Conway
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your help David!  That worked.

Interesting it doesn't say that this field is auto-populated from what is entered in the dial plan window anywhere in the help.

Hi Brent,

Ahhh yes it is one of the great mysteries of the Cisco life, become a damn

good guesser

Once you work these things out you tend not to forget them easily.

Cheers,

David Trad

"Sent from my Acer Iconia A500"

On Jun 1, 2012 1:37 AM, "brent.conway" <

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: