Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 Voicemail issues

matthew.cameron
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have our first UC540 in our office for testing. I have been having quite a time getting everything working.

At the moment the unit is running the latest software 8.0.2.

I am having an issue with voicemail and I can see no logic reason for the problem. I am getting an error in CCA:

"System Detected Voicemail may not be in an operational state.

If you are doing voicemail compact flash upgrade, click YES to perform upgrade;

otherwise click on NO to continue normally"

Now I cannot dial 399 to access voicemail (busy tone)

I have tried CLI reset and powercycle.

The only reason I could see this has come from is after I did the software update I restored my settings from a backup. My next step will be to factory reset and start from scratch, saving configs as I go.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No ip address?   Danger Will Robinson, danger.  Maybe the backup you used was bad.  I would try to build it again with factory restart, as you suggested yesterday, and don't restore the backup this time.

Posted from my mobile device.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CCA has a mechanism built in the for UC560, which has an externally mounted removable flash for voice mailbox extension.  When its invoked, it will want to take the CUE out of service and walk you through replacement of the CF.   Now you are clearly not doing that, but CCA is recognizing a down status and so asking that question in that context becasue of that capability I just described.

UC540 has an interannal mounted CF which you cannot remove, and in fact cracking onen the case will void your warranty.

There are some status/Monitoring commands you can execute from CCA in the Monitor window to check the health of CUE.

It sounds like yours has a problem and I would get it checked with the support team if I were you.   That shouldnt happen.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply, however, I have a UC540 with a CF that can be removed from the front of the unit.Perhaps a new revision?

Cheers

No, I think you are looking at the IOS flash (256mb) flash card on the uc540.  That the only external one on a 520 and 540.

ahh yes sorry my mistake.

In the CCA when I go Monitor>Voicemail Status>Voicemail I get the following

"(no output).
Voicemail System is busy on processsing other requests, please try again later."

When I check the CUE in CLI the status is fine, I have tried shudown/reset here also.

This unit is only a week old so I will chat to our suppliers and go from there.

Cheers

What does this say? Service mod integrated service engine 0/0 status  and can you session to CUE? Service mod integrated service engine 0/0 session use same credentials and hit enter once or twice...

Router#Service-module integrated-service-engine 0/0 status
Service Module is Cisco Integrated-Service-Engine0/0
Service Module supports session via TTY line 2
Service Module is in Steady state
Service Module heartbeat-reset is enabled
Getting status from the Service Module, please wait..

Cisco Unity Express 7.1.3
CUE is on UC500UC500

Session:

IP address needs to be configured on interface Integrated-Service-Engine0/0

No ip address?   Danger Will Robinson, danger.  Maybe the backup you used was bad.  I would try to build it again with factory restart, as you suggested yesterday, and don't restore the backup this time.

hrmm seemed to be an issue with the IP address/loopback address.

Not sure how it broke by my old config loaded okay.

Thanks for your assistance. On to the next issue

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: