Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 with VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1

remi-reszka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just installed VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 on UC540 and until now I don't see any problems. I can see the card in "show diag" and the controller E1 0/2/0 and 0/2/1 interfaces but when I try to configure one of them it seems like the configuration is not saved meaning I don't see any configuration applied in "show run".

Would it mean that this card is not supported on UC540 but only VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Remi

2 Replies 2

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Remi,

Can you please provide us with your running configuration (Please remove al sensitive data), then we can assist further

Also is this system CLI managed and not CCA managed?

CCA should configure this for you easily and ensure that the right configuration is propagated throughout the entire configuration.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks David.

The whole running configuration is not relevant here however I will show you the bit where the problem is:

Abstract from the running config:

!

controller E1 0/2/0

framing NO-CRC4

line-termination 75-ohm

description ***Digital Voice Trunk E1 - TELMEX***

!

controller E1 0/2/1

process-max-time 50

!

The config I am trying to apply:

UC540(config)#controller E1 0/2/0

UC540(config-controller)# framing NO-CRC4

UC540(config-controller)# line-termination 75-ohm

UC540(config-controller)# ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-10 type r2-digital r2-compelled ani

UC540(config-controller)# cas-custom 0

The channel must be a CAS channel

After cas-custom 0 I get this error.

But after applying the line above I don't see anything in the running config, basically is the same:

!

controller E1 0/2/0

framing NO-CRC4

line-termination 75-ohm

description ***Digital Voice Trunk E1 - TELMEX***

!

controller E1 0/2/1

process-max-time 50

!

Do you know why I get this error?

Thanks in advance.