Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540W: Calls returning to operator

watson.daniel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My customer is a primary school with an extension shared between two classes, they don't want the teachers to have voicemail and when the receptionist transfers a call to a class she wants the call to return to her.

I have configured the extensions to have no VM box and have set the CFNA to have the reception's extension. This seems to work ok when making an internal call but rings endlessly on the extension when the call is transferred from an external FXO line.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hmmmm....I'm not sure why that doesnt work.... but I have successfully configured incoming FXO to a Blast group, which is forwarded to an extension on CFNA, just as you describe.

Only diff is the two class phones will each have their own extension, but be members of the parallel hunt group (blast Group) with its CFNA back to the Operator.  So to alert them, the blast group pilot is dialed instead of the shared extension.

Never mind - misconfiguration on the one extension I happened to be testing with....

No problem.  Hope you liked the optional idea of the blast group.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: