Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540W - SPA 508G Directory

jmathews63002
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a UC540 depoyment along with SPA 508 phones and the local directory on the phones just displays extension numbers and not the Names.  The names are empty.  Please help.

Regards,

Jibu Mathews

5 Replies 5

trainerbox
Level 1
Level 1

There are a lot of blank directory entries that are created by default which populate the top of the Local Directory list. Did you scroll down through all the numbers to confirm they are all blank? (Just press the Submit softkey without filling in any search criteria to see the entire list)

In CCA the values used in the Local Directory list are configured via Configure->Telephony->Voice->User Extensions in the Last Name and FirstName fields. Make sure the values are set in this window.

Raymond

I scrolled thru all numbers and they were all blank.

I went to CCA and verified the extensions and they had the FNames & LNames.

We can try some of the basics:

1. Test from other phones. Is the problem with just one phone, all SPA508 phones, or all phones in general?

2. Is the Local Directory URL correctly configured - it seems to be but it doesn't hurt to check.

On your phone press the Setup key (looks like a piece of paper).

Choose Settings then Network Configuration and scroll down to the Directories URL.

it should be http://10.1.1.1:80/localdirectory

3. Factory default the phone and let it load back up.

Press Setup

Choose FactoryReset

4. Current phone load for SPA500 phones is 7.4.6, always good to have most recent version.

To determine your current phone load:

Press Setup

Choose Settings, then Model Information and scroll down to the software version.

I have 7.4.4 on a 504G that I have, everything is good for me but perhaps you need to upgrade to 7.4.6....

You can download 7.4.6 from the software download pages of Cisco.com

Look for this file: spa50x-30x-7-4-6.zip

Extract the .bin file which contains the phone load and using CCA, drag and drop it onto your UC500 in the topology view.

Reload your SPA phone and test again.

5. Any special characters in the first or last names we should know about? Any spaces in the middle, beginning or end of names?

6. You didn't mention the specific UC500 model, softpack or CCA version you are using. This would be useful to know.

7. Long Shot: During your maintenance window, reboot the UC500 and phones, and test again.

8. Suggest you also open a case with SBSC in parallel with using this forum to get more eyeballs on the problem.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Raymond

Hello,

Thank you for the detailed information and the responses are below.

1. Test from other phones. Is the problem with just one phone, all SPA508 phones, or all phones in general?

All phones including 7940, 7931, SPA 508, SPA525Seems like a configuration issue

2. Is the Local Directory URL correctly configured - it seems to be but it doesn't hurt to check.

On your phone press the Setup key (looks like a piece of paper).

Choose Settings then Network Configuration and scroll down to the Directories URL.

it should be http://10.1.1.1:80/localdirectory

The Network configuration shows the Directories URL

3. Factory default the phone and let it load back up.

Press Setup

Choose FactoryReset

4. Current phone load for SPA500 phones is 7.4.6, always good to have most recent version.

To determine your current phone load:

Press Setup

Choose Settings, then Model Information and scroll down to the software version.

I have 7.4.4 on a 504G that I have, everything is good for me but perhaps you need to upgrade to 7.4.6....

You can download 7.4.6 from the software download pages of Cisco.com

Look for this file: spa50x-30x-7-4-6.zip

Extract the .bin file which contains the phone load and using CCA, drag and drop it onto your UC500 in the topology view.

Reload your SPA phone and test again.

The version for the SPA is 7.4.4

5. Any special characters in the first or last names we should know about? Any spaces in the middle, beginning or end of names?

The Office Demo configuration

6. You didn't mention the specific UC500 model, softpack or CCA version you are using. This would be useful to know.

UC540 W with the 8.0.4 IOS load and CCA 2.5

7. Long Shot: During your maintenance window, reboot the UC500 and phones, and test again.

Did that and the same

8. Suggest you also open a case with SBSC in parallel with using this forum to get more eyeballs on the problem.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

I have placed a call with them and been on hold for the last 15 minutes

Jibu

The issue was quite strange.  Pressing page 2 in the Local Directory menu displays the names and extensions.

Had a call with CISCO support Center and figured out that the CCA inserts additional epnhone-dn 's during the initial configuration. Removing these additonal ephone-dn 's displayed the Local directory names and extensions. We dont have to go to page 2 for them, it was on the main page.

Here's what we did...

conf t
no ephone-dn  15
no ephone-dn  16

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: