Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 Access via Ethernet - No Automatic IP Assigned

Hello All,

As the IT guy at my workplace, I've been given the task of updating some of the numbers and names on our UC560 telephony system with SPA504G phones. However, when trying to connect to the PC/EXP port on the UC560, all the documentation I can find says that DHCP should broadcast an IP to the PC when I connect it. Instead, the PC gives itself a 169.254 address.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? I have the IP address, username and password of the UC560 from the supplier who installed the system but the CCA doesn't recognise it due to the 169.254 address.

It's probably worth noting that I don't have a DB9 cable and only have command line experience of Cisco Switches and Routers, not Telephony Systems. That's why I'm using the CCA.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Paul Norris
Level 1
Level 1

Plug into either the console port or the back of a phone and set your laptop to a 10.1.1.220 ip address.

Then connect to 10.1.1.1 in CCA.

I suspect the DHCP has been turned off as it is not authoritative the data vlan.

If it is running only phones you could add a DHCP via console

with the following commands

conf t

ip dhcp pool data

network ( ip address subnet ie 192.168.0.0 )

default router ( ip address of UC560 )

dns server 8.8.8.8

will get you up and running

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: