Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 and BPT IT/200

mahesh101
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I Have recently set up UC560 and the clients have a door buzzer system using BPT IT/200 which works off an analog phone; basicaly if someone presses the buzzer downstairs the analog phone rings and the client can pick it up and speak to the person downstairs and then open the door by pressing 85. I would like to know if it would work if it is pligged into the analogue port on the UC560 (FXO) would it ring all the phones if it was set up as a blast group or co-line, And if there is any configuration I could do to make it work?

Please let my know your thoughts ASAP.

Thanks

Mahesh

7 Replies 7

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Mahesh,

I would say that this should work, but we have not tested that exact model.  Other partners have configured door buzzer systems which were connected directly to the UC500.  Some use and FXS port, others use an FXO port.  With it connected to an FXO port, you should be able to "plar" the port to a blast group which would ring all the phones that you would like.  Then once the connection is open to the door, the 85 key combination should open the door.

Thank you,

Darren

Hi Darren

Thanks for that information, How can you use the FXS port? i have tried the FXO port, i have tried the connection plar settings and changed some settings using the CCA e.g. change the line to blast group, co-line, changing the line from loop start to ground start and nothing is working.

Is there any other configuration that i am missing?

Thanks

Mahesh

Mahesh,

The only way you could use an FXS port, is if your buzzer system supported that.  If the system was connected directly to a phone, and working that way, you will need to connect the line to an FXO port.  To know more about why it is not working, we would need more information.  When they push the button, do the phones ring? Or can they just not open the door?  If the phones do not ring, I would say the next step is to get some debugs of the incoming call, and some info on exactly what is happening.  ie. Do you hear ringing, does the line just hang up, does anything at all happen?  (debug voice ccapi inout, debug vpm all)

Thank you,

Darren

Hi Darren

What is the command to show the status of incoming calls in putty, in real time?

Thanks

Mahesh

To see debug output real time:

conf t

logging mon

exit

term mon

Start debugs, and make test calls..

To shut off real time output:

term no mon

conf t

no logging mon

Thank you,

Darren

HI Darren

Sorry for the delay, I turned on both debugs but the UC picked nothing up, no messaged appeared in Putty.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Mahesh

Olileo001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We happen to receive the exact same system.

Did you manage to make it work ?

It seems to be an FXO device and I do have debugs (call is happening, phone ringing) but no sound on both ends.

Any advice/help is welcome

Thanks

Fabain

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: