Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 - CDR uploads periodically stopping and periodic phone resets

julianmartin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a UC560 that's been installed by our telecomms partner - over the course of the past 2 months I've been learning lots about the UC560 (even though I was a Cisco virgin prior to this!) and it's plentiful...quirks shall we say!

At the minute we have two issues which I'd really appreciate help with....

Firstly, we have our CDR logging data being uploaded to a third party system, Sentel Callmanager Pro, and today I got a call telling me that the uploads of CDRs stopped at some point yesterday. Performing a

file-acct reset

appears to have got it working again. I did notice this happening before during initial configuration but I thought it was to do with me messing around in both CCA and CLI - I now know I should choose one or the other and in reality we need the CLI for the extra options - which is fine.

I also read that this is a known bug of sorts on UC560s on this very forum but I thought I read it had been fixed with an update? The version of our system is

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 15.0(1r)XA3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

What would be the procedure to get this problem sorted? It's really distracting and we rely on really accurate call numbers for some business processes.

So the second problem we have, is that the phones (SPA504G - about 30 of them) just seem to disconnect from the system and reconnect periodically. Bizarrely, when that happens, I can't get into the VPN from the outside world at the same time. A few moments later, the phones reregister and everything carries on as normal. It's happening like twice a day and then maybe not for 3 or 4 days so I wonder if there is a specific cause? The logs on the UC560 show nothing untoward regarding these events - so I did debate whether it was our Cisco POE switch but then that doesn't address why the VPN dies momentarily as well....

I'd appreciate any help or suggestion in the right direction - I'm not a Cisco professional so I'm kind of flying blind here but feel the solution is probably out there somewhere from someone more learned than me!

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What you postes is not IOS version.

You should update anyway before spending further time.

Oh right - where do I find the IOS version - does this give the info:

Cisco IOS Software, UC500 Software (UC500-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.1(4)M4b, CIBU Special

Small Business Support: http://www.cisco.com/go/smallbizhelp

Copyright (c) 1986-2012 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Fri 18-May-12 15:06 by CIBU

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 15.0(1r)XA3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

XXXXXXXXXX uptime is 2 weeks, 2 days, 2 hours, 13 minutes

System returned to ROM by reload at 12:32:03 GMT Wed Oct 24 2012

System restarted at 12:32:44 GMT Wed Oct 24 2012

System image file is "flash:uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.151-4.M4b"

Last reload type: Normal Reload

Last reload reason: Reload Command

When you say I should update anyway - is our system clearly out of date then?

It is basically up to date. You can update to SWP 8.6.1 for a precaution, persisting the issue you will need to raise a ticket with your Cisco Partner or Cisco support directly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: