cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 - Changing Auto Attendant Message Remotely

wireguided
Level 1
Level 1

This should hopefully be an easy question. How can I record an alternate auto attendant message remotely and then make that the default AA message (or prefix it)? I have a client that wants to change the AA greeting when they are closed due to weather and then switch back to the original.

I set up a DID to the prompt manager extension and they can record an alternate greeting but they never seem to replace/prefix the original. I read the Tech Lab #27 but wanted some additional input before making script changes as that lab is over a year old.

Thank you.

-Tim

2 Replies 2

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tim,

I could be wrong, but I am sure you can record more than one prompt and have it stored on the system and then use either CCA remotely or dial-in remotely and choose which prompt you want to use.

The thing with this is that you would need to look at using generic forms of recording to cater for it, I am not sure how you could do this on the fly, although I believe there to be a way to do it

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

The newest version of CCA has an updated script that fixes that issue and you can only swap the auto attendant messages not play one in front of the other.  You can setup an AA with a hidden prompt, that points to the prompt manager extension and then change it from there.  In that situation you would need to have your prompts pre-recorded so that you can pick one when you call-in. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: