Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 CME Hanges

majid omeir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

thank  in advance for any one he will post anything even if it is not the answer ,anyway  i am having little odd behavior i do not know it bug with uc560 latest software pack that i am using  or switch which is SF300-48p even with the latest firmware .

the problme is all phone will bot be able to recieve call from outside(which mean unity express working fine) but will not be able to make internal call

or transfer (which mean CME not working) the called that they have received from outside(unity express) this happen twice in this month i notice happen after i upgrade the switch   to 1.8 the latest firmware there is any well known bug with switch or uc560 , it is headache really how i solve the problem now is i go to uc560 and reload the CME then every thing works fine

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you're running latesft SW and have trouble, collect the relevant crash traces and contact Cisco TAC.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Majid,

I would highly encourage you to downgrade your firmware version on the SF-300 to 1.0.1.8 this is the most stable one and with two clients that I look after (After Hours) they had major issues with phone not being reachable with the latest firmware (I didn't upgrade it, someone else did).

Downgrade it and then report back here... (PS) The latest firmware seems to put the phones in a stale state and they become un responsive.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

In such cases one wonders why Cisco doesn't remove defective software from distribution.

Hi Paolo,

It is a fair question actually, but as far as I am aware it is not a widely reported problem, so that tells me either not many people are upgrading or, the issue does not effect everyone, or, alternatively maybe one has to alter the way they do the upgrade to ensure the latest firmware works properly.

Regardless, the SF/SG-300 series switches has the ability to host two images, good practices indicate that you always keep one good working image before you upgrade.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *