Views
Helpful
Replies

uc560 config erased

lscd-fort
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Had a bizarre experience this past friday, system has been working fine, phones went down in the middle of the afternoon with no apparent cause. Realized I couldn't ping the uc560 within the lan. Connected to serial console of the the uc560, got the 'would you like to enter system configuration dialog?'. Config completely gone. Fortunately we had backups of the config and I was able to get the system back online within 3-4 hours.

System is running uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.151-2.T2 , connected to an IAD2431 for T1 pots connectivity. About 35 phones total connected within a local lan to the ucs.

No changes or maintenance was being performed to the system at the time, nor had any major changes been made in the days prior to this. This was in the middle of a business day with normal call volume.

Wondering if anyone has experienced this in the past.

Thanks,

Chris

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

puneelam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris

Can you check for the crash log on the flash and open a case. Crash infromation file will be checked by the support team and further  advice will be provided.

Thanks

Punith Kumar Neelam

View solution in original post

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chris,

This is not an uncommon problem, and is a known issues that has spanned various generations of the IOS.

As Punith has pointed out there should be a crash-dump file located on the flash card, assuming one was able to be deposited before the system went into melt down.

At a guess I am going to say that it was a memory leak that caused this issue as that is the only thing in the past which has caused a complete config wipe, outside of bad power failures (SAG known also as Brown outs).

If there is a dump file then you should send it of to Cisco support as soon as possible to have them check it and discover what caused it.

Cheers,

David Trad.

**When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) **

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

puneelam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris

Can you check for the crash log on the flash and open a case. Crash infromation file will be checked by the support team and further  advice will be provided.

Thanks

Punith Kumar Neelam

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chris,

This is not an uncommon problem, and is a known issues that has spanned various generations of the IOS.

As Punith has pointed out there should be a crash-dump file located on the flash card, assuming one was able to be deposited before the system went into melt down.

At a guess I am going to say that it was a memory leak that caused this issue as that is the only thing in the past which has caused a complete config wipe, outside of bad power failures (SAG known also as Brown outs).

If there is a dump file then you should send it of to Cisco support as soon as possible to have them check it and discover what caused it.

Cheers,

David Trad.

**When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) **

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks David, replying to an old post, but I will check this. I didn't go back to this post back in July after a couple weeks went by. I'll take a look and see if the crash log file might still be there. I am still a little curious about this one.

Thanks,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: