cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 - Custom CUE Scripting

Philip Denton
Level 1
Level 1

My client is currently using 2-digit extensions in their office; however, their new C560 system is configured for 3-digit extensions.  Is it possible to write a custom script using the CUE editor so the dial-by-extension directory will recognize two digits extensions, prepend a given digit, then hand the call off to CME?

Thanks!

Phil

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes. You can also use voice translation-profile and rule.

Paolo - thanks for the speedy response.  I'm sorry my follow-up was so late!

I've read in various threads on this site that creating custom translation-rules on the UC560 may invalidate Cisco TAC support.  Would you forsee any problems with this if I were to use a translation-rule to make the translation from 2->3 digits as calls are handed off from the Auto-Attendant to CME for call processing?

Also, if I go this route are you suggesting I just create apply the translation-profile to CUE's inbound dialpeer and expand ALL 2-digit extensions to three-digit?  Wouldn't CUE reject the call somewhere in its logic processing since it has no users/extensions configured with 2-digit extensions?

Thanks,

Phil

Hello,

In order for you to receive support from Cisco with a UC that has CLI configuration, you have to be a UC specialized partner with a contract on the UC.

If you apply the translation rule to the CUE inbound dial-peer, it will change the extension from 2 to 3 digits and CUE will then be able to handle the call appropriately.

Thanks,

-john

John, my company is Select Certified and the company we were brought in to subcontract for is a Premier partner with the Express Foundation.  I don't mean to sound snarky but are you telling me that we can sell the UC560 but are limited to GUI configuration (if we want Cisco support)?

Hello,

Here is the official policy(this document is only available to registered partners):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps7256/ps7287/cisco_cca_cli_support_policy.pdf

Thanks,

-john

John,

Thanks for your swift reply.  Would it possible to modify an auto-attendant script to do the same thing as the translation rule?  ie, prepend a 1 to transferred calls to ring a 3-digit phone after matching a 2-digit directory entry or after receiving a 2-digit dial-by-extension request?

Thanks again,

Phil

Hello,

No problem. I honestly couldn't tell you the answer to that, as we don't support custom scripting, so I haven't played around with CUE scripts at all.

Thanks,

-john

John, after doing some poking around I've discovered that the UC-Express Specialization is being deprecated this year.  Does that mean the minimum requirement for CLI-based configuration will be the UC-Advanced Specialization (also a requirement for Gold partnership)???

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/partner_with_cisco/channel_partner_program/resale/specializations/unified_communications.html#~two

Hello,

Here are the certifications that we will expect for CLI support(a few aren't listed in the PDF):

• UC Express
  • UC Advanced
  • UC Master
  • Advanced Collaboration Architecture
  • Business Edition Partner

You are correct, UC Express is being depreciated.

Thanks,

-john

You should convert to extension as soon the call hits system, that is voice-port level.

Paolo,

Unfortunately if I do that it seems that i won't be able to get TAC support.  Is there any way I can modify the AA_SBCS_v03.aef script to check and see if the caller has entered a two-digit extension and if so prepend a 1 in order to make it a three-digit extension the CUE can hand off to CME for transfer?

Thanks,

Phil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: