cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 L2L VPN tunnel to ASA5510 - one way audio issue

devin.culp
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC560 with no phones behind it that has a L2L VPN tunnel to a remote office with an ASA5510 with SG200 switches. The issue is the phones behind the ASA5510 when in a call session they report having intermittent breakup but the person on the other call never expierences the issue when this is happening. We have tested several times and can produce this issue each time. The users are telling me if they park the call and retreive the call then it is normal again.

I recently enabled Traffic Shaping with 75% and 10Mbit, but have not tested yet have to wait for users to get in during normal business hours. Should I be enabling MTP for these remote phones? Should I be using a lower codec?

UC560---------L2l VPN Tunnel----------ASA5510----SG200----SPA525G2 phones

Tunneled networks:

10.1.1.0/24 to 10.1.2.0/24

10.1.10.0/30 to 10.1.2.0/24

ASA5510 (inside inerface for workstations and servers - voice interface for phones only.

SG200 switch (Vlan1 for inside and Vlan100 for voice)

3 Replies 3

Brandon Turpin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Devin,

With whom do the remote phones have a call session?  Do they only have calls to/from external callers?  If so, you really don't need MTP as all calls (setup and audio) already will go through CME as it will be the gateway. 

How many phones do you have at the remote site?  What is the bandwidth (up/down) at both sites?  When setting up Traffic Shaping/QoS, remember that you want to configure it for the upstream bandwidth.  You may also want to setup QoS on the ASA (again, upstream) so that QoS is configured on both sides of the tunnel.

Thanks,

Brandon

I have 100Mbit MetroEthernet, they do have two remote 525G2 SSL vpn phones. Another strange issue two users have reported hearing a long beep sound from the phone.

22 phones

This is resolved and working so far, will test till end of the week and re-post to give a status and what was changed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: