Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 Loopback entries

Greetings!

My UC560 has several loopback entries, I assume it's CCA's bipolar disorder. Here's an example:

interface Loopback1

ip address 50.50.50.50 255.255.255.0

ip nat inside

ip virtual-reassembly in

!

interface Loopback2

ip address 51.51.51.51 255.255.255.0

ip nat inside

ip virtual-reassembly in

!

interface Loopback3

ip address 52.52.52.52 255.255.255.0

ip nat inside

ip virtual-reassembly in

!

interface Virtual-Template2 type serial

ip unnumbered Loopback1

ip nat inside

ip virtual-reassembly in

!

interface Virtual-Template3 type serial

ip unnumbered Loopback2

ip nat inside

ip virtual-reassembly in

!

interface Virtual-Template4 type serial

ip unnumbered Loopback3

ip nat inside

ip virtual-reassembly in

Thoughts? Is it OK to get rid of these?

Thanks

-Renato

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Renato,

I have not seen this type of configuration in a very long time...

The UC-560 these days does not use the Loopback setup anymore, it creates a VLAN-90 as a replacement which is a more logical way of doing things in my opinion.

Those Loopbacks look oddly familiar to really old configuration or loopbacks for VPN/VLAN configurations which are additional to the standard configuration.

The current way CCA sets it up is as follows:

interface Vlan90

description $FW_INSIDE$

ip address 10.1.10.2 255.255.255.252

ip access-group 103 in

ip nat inside

ip virtual-reassembly in

And then adds the other associated configuration to go with it.

Was this an upgrade to an older configuration or from scratch?

I would not remove them just yet until we can establish why they are there as they might be critical to other configurations currently active on the system.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Brandon Turpin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Renato,

Do you have SSL VPN configured?  Those look like the loopback addresses that CCA creates for the virtual-template used for SSL VPN.  CCA used to create a new loopback interface each time you modified the SSL VPN config, but the latest version (3.1.1) has that fixed. 

Thanks,

Brandon

Yes I do. I got rid of them anyway, I guess I might run into issues with the existing phones if they're trying to use them. If I run into any issues I'll just put them back.

Hi Renato,

As long as you didn't delete the loopback interface used for the virtual-template that SSLVPN is using, you should be fine. 

Thanks,

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: