cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 & Night mode

Damian Halloran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am having a hard time understanding the set up of night mode.

The incoming call configuration I have is that all calls come into a dummy DN which is call-forward all to a blast group, and has call-forward to night-service 6201 (Ext 201 voicemail) as well.

I have a schedule in place where the UC560 moves from day to night and back again at the correct times however at no time does the closed message play.  Is there another process to make sure it gets played after hours?

Also is the timeout to voicemail after hours determined by the call-forward no answer setting on the blast group? Or should the call-forward to voicemail after hours be immediate? This is what I was expecting but isn't happening.

To summarise I can see from the reception handset that the system is in night-mode but all calls ring for 30 seconds (timeout in the blast group) and then go the voicemail daytime message.

Is there another way besides physically looking at a handset to see whether the system thinks it is in night service mode? Also is there a way to put the system into and out of night mode from CLI?

At wits end with this....

Regards,

Damian Halloran

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

danielwiebe
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure from your post ....it sounds like you have night service scheduled to turn on but have you set the forward to numbers in CCA under call handling then night service?

There are quite a few ways to acomplish this. Most commonly I've used separate day/night auto attendants or separate day/night mailboxes. I like AA bertter as it gives you more features and also the ability to let callers know you are open or closed and then use the same mailbox for all VM.

In this case from what I can gather you are trying to do I would enter the, "dummy" DN on the left side and then 6201 on the "forward to" to direct callers directly to the 201 mailbox after hours. If you are using this mailbox for the daytime no answer message just create another DN with a mailbox say 301 or whatever is spare and on the night service screen enter that DN with 6301 so at night callers go direrctly to that box and hear a different "night" message when the system is in nights.

Another option would be to leave your daytime setup as is. Create an auto attendant with a closed message and a dial 0 to 6201 so all vm lands in the same box. Just go to night service per above and enter the AA dn.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

danielwiebe
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure from your post ....it sounds like you have night service scheduled to turn on but have you set the forward to numbers in CCA under call handling then night service?

There are quite a few ways to acomplish this. Most commonly I've used separate day/night auto attendants or separate day/night mailboxes. I like AA bertter as it gives you more features and also the ability to let callers know you are open or closed and then use the same mailbox for all VM.

In this case from what I can gather you are trying to do I would enter the, "dummy" DN on the left side and then 6201 on the "forward to" to direct callers directly to the 201 mailbox after hours. If you are using this mailbox for the daytime no answer message just create another DN with a mailbox say 301 or whatever is spare and on the night service screen enter that DN with 6301 so at night callers go direrctly to that box and hear a different "night" message when the system is in nights.

Another option would be to leave your daytime setup as is. Create an auto attendant with a closed message and a dial 0 to 6201 so all vm lands in the same box. Just go to night service per above and enter the AA dn.

HTH

Thanks Daniel that fixed the first part of the NS problem which is fantastic!!

How do I get a closed message in 201s VM to play after hours - I thought it would play automatically, or does it need to be activated manually?

Thanks again!!

Damian

The 201 mailbox will play whatever message is recorded in there to play. In order to change that message you'd have to re-record everyday or I think you can have an alternate greeting but either way requires user intervention.

I think your best bet would be to use an auto attendant for nights. Create an auto attendant put in the closed message and do a dial zero transfer to the 6201 mailbox. I also usually do an option to transfer to CUE so people can remotely get their VM after hours. Then go to the night service transfer and change the forward to extension to the AA extension. Once complete you have scheduled day and night call routing/messages, all calls day or night end up in the 201 mailbox, and none of it requires user intervention to make it work.

Dan

Hi Dan,

I've found the answer to my second question regarding the Closed greeting on another discussion:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3310118#3310118

Thanks,

Damian