Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 - outgoing calls drop after 3 minutes

remi-reszka
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have UC560 E1 model and upgraded recently from uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.150-1.XA2 to uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.150-1.XA3a. Some useres experience outgoing call drop after around 3 minutes. This was also happening with the previous IOS version before the upgrade and still keeps going on with the most recent version. What could be causing it and how could I trace the cause for the call drop?

Please suggest any troubleshooting or some config adjustments.

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

What is the UC500 using to place the calls? FXO/POTS, PRI or SIP ITSP?

We have E1 trunk with 10 channels and 30 DIDs.  The protocol we use with our provider is r2-digital r2-compelled. That´s the E1 config:

controller E1 0/3/0
framing NO-CRC4
line-termination 75-ohm
ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-10 type r2-digital r2-compelled ani
cas-custom 0
  country telmex
  category 2
  answer-signal group-b 1
  dnis-digits min 1 max 16
  ani-digits min 0 max 10
  ani-timeout 1
  timer interdigit incoming 1000
  groupa-callerid-end
  trunk-group ALL_T1E1
description ***Voice Trunk to PSTN***
process-max-time 50

Could it be voice codec related issue? I also have call blocking setup that logs out the user after 1 min. I guess that should not affect the user while on call. The calls that are dropped are random, could be local o long distance. What debug would be best to run to see those calls droppages? Thanks.

The codec is negotiated during call setup which happens the second you pickup the phone. If it failed you would probably hear silence or the call would drop right away. In CCA what options do you have for debug?

I am in favour of CLI so not using much CCA. The debug I am running is "debug voip ccapi".

You should also run "debug dialpeer voice all" to see what digits were dialed and and what dial peer they used

Dial peers are working fine. I do only use pots dial-peers for E1 trunk and all of them work by checking "show dialplan number xxxxxxx"

Is possible for you to run a debug for a couple minutes to see when the call drops? You should start the debug when the phone goes off hook until the call is dropped. Try and upload it in a text file instead of posting it directly on here.

I am troubleshooting it remotely but already running "debug voice ccapi". The users have been notified to take down the exact time and the dialed number at the call drop event. I will post some outcome shortly when I get the first call drop. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: