cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 - remote Site-to-Site VPN branch office teleworker?

devin.culp
Level 1
Level 1

I have a remote branch office voice vlan connecting to the remote UC560  via VPN tunnel to access the voice vlan 10.1.1.0/24 and CUE 10.1.10.0/30. My question is do I need to enable teleworker for these remote phones over this VPN tunnel?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK Cool

Well I revert back to my first post then... NO

Never had to do it in the past, I just wanted to point out that I think if memory is not failing me, that when you do enable it, it will allow you to choose a Codec for that specific phone.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Devin,

I do not believe you have too, although in doing so you might be provided with the option to change their Codec to G.729, I cannot remember if this is the case, but I am fairly certain the only time you need to enable Teleworker is when it is a SPA-525G2 and it is using the inbuilt SSL-VPN connection.

Why is it not working for you right now?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

devin.culp
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry I forgot to mention the phones are  SPA525G2 but not using SSL VPN I have a VPN Site to Site tunnel between this office and the remote UC560.

Hi Devin,

Thanks for the clarification, are they not working or you are going to implement this and you are just checking to see if there are any known problems with doing such a thing?

Oh you might also need to manually configure the Voice VLAN and the Management VLAN in the SPA-525 otherwise it may not know how to register back to the UC.

Cheers,

David.

This is working just want to know if I need teleworker enabled since it is coming across a VPN.

OK Cool

Well I revert back to my first post then... NO

Never had to do it in the past, I just wanted to point out that I think if memory is not failing me, that when you do enable it, it will allow you to choose a Codec for that specific phone.

Cheers,

David.