Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 software upgrade - Voice Mail section fails

cisco43ftrd
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I tried to upgrade a UC560 using CCA and the latest Software Upgrade ("UC560-8.6.0.zip")

& Locale Packs from cisco.com . While I've never expirienced any problems with UC540 the upgrade on my first UC560 fails.

In the section where Voice Mail software is upgraded, something goes wrong, this is the output of the "Status" window:

bl_boot_helper_cmd tftpboot 0x4000000 cue-installer.uc560.8.6.3

Speed: 1000, full duplex

Using eTSEC1 device

TFTP from server 192.168.10.11; our IP address is 10.1.10.1; sending through gateway 10.1.10.2

Filename 'cue-installer.uc560.8.6.3'.

Load address: 0x4000000

Loading: * #################################################################

##################################################T ###T ############

#################################################################

##############T #################T #T #################################

######T ###T #T #######################################################

##########################T #######################################

################################################T #####

Retry count exceeded; starting again

After that, the Loading process repeats several times until the Upgrade stops and reports it failed.

I connected to the UC via the PC/EXP port.

What do these T's mean? Does anybody know how i can fix this problem?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Rainhard,

Could I recommend the following upgrade procedure using CCA (3.2.1) and Software Pack 8.6:

* Disconnect all phones from the system

* Disconnect all switches from the system

* Turn of any NIC cards except the Ethernet you are using I.E if you have more than one NIC card and Wireless put them in disabled mode

* Power the UC-560 down completly wait at least 10 seconds before putting the power back in an powering it up

* Boot the system and wait approximate 4-7 minutes for the CUE side of the UC-560 to properly load up

* Proceed to load CCA up and wait till it completly scans the system and obtains all the relevant information it needs before proceeding with any upgrades (This is indicated via a progress bar bottom left hand side of CCA)

* Begin upgrade procedure, making sure you choose the language you want to upgrade to and make sure it is the right package version to suite the software pack

* Press the F2 key and bring up the debug dialogue screen so you can see what is going on and use this as a method of capturing debug logs for us all to look at

Assuming that this is a new system that is not live in production, I would also encourage you to reset the system back to factory defaults, in particular the CUE part of it, this way you can try and do everything cleanly.

Give this a try and report back

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Rainhard,

Can you ping the CUE IP from your PC and vice versa?

I would review the following document which describes checking your connection and CUE state before performing a backup or upgrade: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3706519#3706519

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-john

cisco43ftrd
Level 1
Level 1

I finally managed to install the software upgrade successfully!

The problem was, that Windows 7 treated the network connection to the UC as "Public Network" which obviously led to my firewall denying TFTP request. The reason why the backup process didn't fail earlier was that it seems that in the beginning of the upgrade process all files are obtained via FTP not TFTP. Changing the network to "Work Network" did the trick for me.

Actually I feel like a complete idiot for not considering this as a problem - anyway I thought I'd share my newly acquired "wisdom" so others won't repeat my mistake ;-).

Thanks for your advice!

Hi Rainhard,

the same problem took several hours at my side until I found your thread and the solution.

Grrrrrrrrrr ... unfortunately somewhere in a failed update there was a shutdown

of the ISE 0/0 and the first tries in the home-network weren´t successful.

But now it´s running!

Thanks for sharing your wisdom!!! :-)

Kind regards, Detlef

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: