Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 Upgrade

Patrick Werner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community.

I have to upgrade a UC560, the IOS on the device is about 2 years old. And the UC560 wasn't installed with CCA. So i have to do the upgrade with the cli. I download the Software pack and extract the IOS. My question is, can i just upload the new ios and restart the device or do are there some hints to know. ?

Thanks in advance patrick                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Patrick,

This document is fairly similar to the upgrade process via CLI:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-10315

I would ignore the UK Locale files and just go with the ones you need.

When upgrading from that far back there may be issues, it may be best to just factory default.  Otherwise, you may want you can run a quick test and just swap out the IOS image.  If there are no issues with your phones with the new IOS image then you should be find to complete the rest of the process.

A backup and restore of voicemail that old should work but personally I haven't tested it so I couldn't be sure.

Let me know if you have any questions, have a wonderful day!

-Trent Good

** Please rate useful posts! **

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

joroeder
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Patrick,

Depending on how far apart the firmware versions are, there might be some issues carrying your current configuration over.

Try to make a backup of your configuration if you wish to save any of these settings, then proceed to upgrade. If for some reason it fails, you can always turn it back to factory default and reload your configuration. If you're not worried about saving your settings then you can probably just go ahead with it.

I try to upgrade it from 15.0(1)XA to 151-4.M6.

Hi Patrick,

This document is fairly similar to the upgrade process via CLI:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-10315

I would ignore the UK Locale files and just go with the ones you need.

When upgrading from that far back there may be issues, it may be best to just factory default.  Otherwise, you may want you can run a quick test and just swap out the IOS image.  If there are no issues with your phones with the new IOS image then you should be find to complete the rest of the process.

A backup and restore of voicemail that old should work but personally I haven't tested it so I couldn't be sure.

Let me know if you have any questions, have a wonderful day!

-Trent Good

** Please rate useful posts! **

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **