Views
Helpful
Replies

UC5x0-8.0.3 ?

changjoe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know when the next version of the UC500 upgrade packages will come out. I myself am looking for an upgrade to the UC520's.

Thank you,

Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Joe,

If I was a betting man, I'd be losing right now ;-)

OK, the scope is this.  We had a couple of significant issues with 8.0.2.  With both IOS and CUE.  We had to tend to these and rebuild these components, which forces additional unit testing and then solution testing.   The CUE issue also had an impact on the CCA, since the 8.0.3 SWP we will release will also have a newer CUE 8.x than initially planned.   This required CCA to be able to support it, and that required new development which is underway.

So while we could have released an 8.0.3 with originally planned component versions, we decided it was better to focus our efforts on supporting the components (used to deploy individually in some cases to sites reporting the problem) and skip to CUE 8.x which eliminated the known problems, which means we need to have it supported with CCA.    This is all in test right now.

I will update you further, when we get closer to feeling like we have a usable, stable, release.

Steve

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Joe,

Its a fairly dynamic process (with a few levels of test gates that must be met before proceeding to the next).  Of course, any time an issue is discovered, it delays things (for the good of all man kind).  If I was a betting man (which I am), I would guess the release date for 8.0.3 bundle (which should have 15.0(1)XA3 and a new CUE image (probably in the 8.x family) will probably be around mid June.

Please dont quote me on this as its just a good faith estimate I know you are looking for.

Steve

That helps. Thanks!

Anyone have news to share on this?

Hi Joe,

If I was a betting man, I'd be losing right now ;-)

OK, the scope is this.  We had a couple of significant issues with 8.0.2.  With both IOS and CUE.  We had to tend to these and rebuild these components, which forces additional unit testing and then solution testing.   The CUE issue also had an impact on the CCA, since the 8.0.3 SWP we will release will also have a newer CUE 8.x than initially planned.   This required CCA to be able to support it, and that required new development which is underway.

So while we could have released an 8.0.3 with originally planned component versions, we decided it was better to focus our efforts on supporting the components (used to deploy individually in some cases to sites reporting the problem) and skip to CUE 8.x which eliminated the known problems, which means we need to have it supported with CCA.    This is all in test right now.

I will update you further, when we get closer to feeling like we have a usable, stable, release.

Steve

Thanks for keeping me informed Steve. I was in software engineering once, so I have an idea what the development team is going through.

Steve,

I am also waiting on this version to come out too. What I really need is some help on possibly downgrading to an older version. Our library system just bought a UC540 system along with the 3 year support for the unit, however the company that sold it to us, CDW-G, said I should have received it in an email, so obviously until that gets straightened out, I can't open a support ticket or access the downloads section myself.

The reason I upgraded is that I had seen somewhere in one of the posts that 8.0.2 had a v3 of the sbcs auto attendant script that allowed an Operator value to be placed in there, this works fine. The problem though is that I'm having issues with the FXO port not detecting the disconnect signal and to be honest I think I have that section of the CLI config plastered in my mind. I feel it might be a bug in 8.0.2, but I'm not sure as some of the calls will be detected and others will simply sit there and keep the line open despite the fast busy signal blaring.

Can you offer some help, or will I need to wait it out until my salesperson gets the service agreement to me? I just found it a little odd that you can upgrade with guest access, but not downgrade.

Thanks in advance,

Benjamin Daniel

Hi Benjamin,

IMO i do not think that upgrading the IOS your UC500 Device would help you very much,  you probably need to configure the Disconnect Tones, and the easiest way to get this is asking to your Telco for the Dual Disconnect Tones Frequencies and Cadences, now if you can not find the disconnect tone from your Telco, we can provide you with 2 ways to get this tones:

1st Way using PCM Capture

The Steps to enable PCM capture is:

Enter configure terminal mode on the Router

1.- Enter "voice hpi capture buffer 3000000" to

configure the capture buffer.
2.- Enter "voice hpi capture destination flash:pcm.dat"

to specify the destination file.

Once configured  the above we are ready to capture the PCM stream from the router.

To do so follow these steps:

Start a test call and leave it connected.

Enter "show call active voice brief" and determine what  voice port the test call is using. "show voice call sum"  will also show what ports are in use.  Enter "test voice port 0/FX/0 pcm-dump caplog 7" where 0/FX/0 is the number of the voice port that has the test call connected.

You can check the status of the capture using the following command:  sh voice hpi capture

This will show you the following output: 
HPI Capture is on and is logging to URL flash:pcm.dat
11196 mesages sent to URL, 0 messages dropped
Message Buffer (total:inuse:free) 3048:0000:3048
Buffer Memory: 999744 bytes, Message size: 328 bytes

If the number of "messages sent to URL" is increasing at a steady state then the capture is working properly. If it is not, something is not working properly. Go back through the directions, confirm the voice-port number, and try the capture again.

When you finish the capturing, do the following:

test voice port 0/FX/O pcm-dump disable
conf ter
no voice hpi capture destination flash:pcm.dat
no voice hpi capture buffer 3000000
end

and you will need to open then a case with US in order to process the PCM Capture, basically we decode this file and using a utility to Analize Audio Files we can deliver something like this

voice class custom-cptone CUSTOMDISCO

dualtone disconnect

frequency Freq1 Freq2

cadence c1on c2off c3on c4 off ...

voice-port 0/fx/O

shut

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

supervisory custom-cptone CUSTOMDISCO

timeouts call-disconnect 5

timeouts wait-release 5

no shut

Now the second way to get this tones, is to use Wire Shark and port mirroring

The Steps are:

1. Use Wire Shark to capture the RTP between the gateway and the phone when the call is disconnected the busy tones are playing and then save the G711ulaw payload in .AU format.

2. Load the audio file into a audio editing application to determine the on times and off times of the tones.

3. Select the Analyze option to do a frequency analysis. From the new  window, you can move the cursor over the frequency peaks to determine the component tones. Round the frequency to the nearest 5hz. Measure  the on time of the tone and the off time of the tone to determine the   cadence.

4. Use these measured values to create a custom disconnect tone class

For more reference, please visit http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_1t/12_1t3/feature/guide/dt_fxodt.html and please call us at our Support Line http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html if you need assitance

Thank you
Victor.-

Victor,

Thank you for the response. I do not have a clue what it could be now.   I did the wireshark method after trying the pcm.dat and sending it off. Since I do not have additional access for my cisco user ID, (my reseller partner didn't provide my ID with access when I purchased the UC540W) I cannot download anything or really submit a support ticket. I am supposed to have a phone meeting tomorrow morning with him, and I guess a Cisco guy, to get what I guess is called a PICA setup possibly?  Anyway that puts me in limbo for a support ticket or any software packages.

Anyway I believe I found our disconnect dualtone to be 480 625 at 50/50 intervals. I have attached the AU file as well as my current running config with the custom Cptone.  If I do the debug vpm signal, it still isn't seeing the disconnect tone. I can't believe I'm the only one having this problem with v8.0.2. All lessons learned, stick with the software you are given, right?

Thanks again for the help,

Benjamin