Views
Helpful
Replies

UC5X0 Integration with Webex Connect

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Reading some notes for Webex Connect integration with CME 8.8 and was wondering if there is CTI integration with Webex Connect and the UC5x0 line (yet). I know it's been around for CME for a while but just wondering if us Connect users can get some love?

Thanks in advance,

Bob James                  

8 Replies 8

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

OK so I found out Webex has to enable the Unified Communications on the backend side. I've put in the request and will post here the results.

Bob James

Cisco can you verify Webex Connect will work with the UC5x0?

The docs for CME say version 8.8 and they ask you to download a client: (ConnectCMEPlugin.msi) which I can't find on CCO. It looks like a CUCI connect type configuration.

Before I kill myself trying to get this to work, can you tell me if its' even possible?

Thanks

Bob james

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bob,

I found this doc on the support site.  It may help answer some of your questions regarding WebEx Connect.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16083

Hi Jason,

Thanks that document is for Webex - The ability to have your phone join Webex conferences. What I am looking for is Webex Connect (Jabber in the cloud) and the ability to light up the phone tab of that, just like CUCI MOC

Bob James

Cisco....anyone....?

I have the phone tab in Webex Connect now, I just can't connect to the UC. It does not work the same as a ISR so a little help here?

I'm wondering if it's because my PC is connect through my 9951... just a thought

Thanks in advance,

Bob James

Hi Bob,

I researched your request further and I am unable to find a direct solution to your request.  The closest thing that we offer is our Smart Call Connector.  If you would like to discuss your request further or the options and features you are looking for please feel free to contact us.  It may be easier to discuss the options you are seeking over the phone vs the bulletin boards.  Our phone number is 1-866-606-1866.  We will be happy to help.

Hi Jason,

We had Smart Call Connector, but would like the Integration into Connect as it will be our platform going forward. I see it's supported in CME 8.8 so I'm guessing it may be coming in the future for the UC platform.

I will keep my eye's open

Thanks,

Bob James

Ben M Johnson
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco! Please figure something out around this.

And publish a commit so we know what to expect.

We have clients with Macs and they can't use SCC.

We have other clients that are looking at buying Webex Connect, and they can't use it with their UC5XX.

I feel like the SCC product is an island unto itself at this point (like the UC3 and UC5) - either make it work with Jabber, or replace it with Jabber.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: