Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCC MAPI contacts list get truncated

I am running into an issue with UCC/SCC that has been lingering around for quite some time. One of my users has a large number of contacts in Outlook and when those contacts are pulled via MAPI from UCC about half of the records are returned with empty data. I am not personally running into this issue so I'm guessing it could be some formatting inconsistency within the contacts database causing this problem.

Has anybody else seen this problem? I have told the user to clean up their contacts but is there something specific I should be pointing out for cleanup.

Thanks,

Cole

4 Replies 4

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

I've escalated your request, please stay tuned for a response.

Regards
Alberto

shtalukd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cole:

The current UCC versions send one MAPI query requesting all the contacts from Exchange. Some Exchange have settings to limit the number of records to be sent in one query to 250. This is the underlying casue of the bank records you are seeing with the customer with a large number of contacts. There are two workarounds to this issue: a) To change the Exchange settings to return greater than 250 records  -- please see the workaround from MIcrosoft at

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb676486(EXCHG.80).aspx

and 2) we have this resolved in SCC Adv-Client 2.0 by sending multiple queries. This should be released within a couple of weeks.

I will check to see if the change has been applied to UCC path. If available we could provide a early release version for your customer to verify. Please let me know if you would be interested.

Thanks

UCC/SCC Team

Hi Shahryar,

That makes perfect sense.  The user reported to me that when they resort the names in reverse order it pulls the other half of their contacts properly.

I have adjusted the objtMessage value in Exchange 2007 from the default of 250 to 2000. I will let you know if that solves the problem.

We would definitely be interested in seeing a prerelease version of SCC 2.0. How can we go about getting access to that?

Thanks,

Cole

Just heard back from the end user and making the registry change to Exchange did the trick. All records are being returned correctly.

Thanks for the help, Cisco!

Cole